Corsair Community

Help with ax750

shishio2980

I'm sorry if I sound a noob this my first time putting a pc together. I'm trying to do SLI 570 gtx but for reason my psu don't have any more 12 pin. My motherboard is using one of the 12 pin and my video card is using the other one. I dont have anymore 12 pin from the power supply (not talking about 12 pin cable that connect to the video card to the power supply) to add my other video card. Am I doing something wrong? Please help

This is my spec

GIGABYTE GA-P67X-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4

Patriot Viper Xtreme Series, Division 2 Edition 16GB

Crucial Technology 128 GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Series Solid State Drive

Corsair Hydro Series H70

2x EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked 1280 MB GDDR5

Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB

Video cards do not use 12 pin connectors.

That is right. But the AX750 does.

In the package there are 2 double-PCI-E-cables 12pin (PSU) to 2x 6/8pin (GPU). Packaged for 2 highend videocards?

But it is not possible to connect both cables together to the PSU? There is only one 12pin connector for this cable type.

This is, you cannot connect 2 videocards wich uses more than one 6/8pin power connection and the AX750 cannot be used for SLI configs. Right?

Why is the PSU connector for PCI-E a 12pin? Or why are not enough 12pin connectors at the PSU for SLI mode?

My old HX620 has 2 separate 6pin (PSU) to 6/8pin (GPU) cables for PCI-E. I miss them in AX750 package, because i have empty 6pin-connectors at the AX750.

Regards

Reiner

Definitely doable with AX750 and two GTX 570s:

How to Install 24pin and 8pin cables on Your Professional Series Gold PSU

1.Boxed in yellow: 24 Pin connector (both connectors will need to be plugged)

2.Boxed in blue: Peripherals and SATA cables

3.Boxed in Green: EPS connector and PCI E connector

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/Blog/Understanding-and-Installing-Cables-to-your-AX-PSU/Pic_2.JPG

So you have dedicated ports just for the PSU, and then 1 port for each 12 pin => two 6+2 pin connector.

Archived