Corsair Community

600T Fan Controller help

atiemark

Hello,

I just got my Graphite 600T (Black edition, no side window) 2 days ago from amazon.

I seem to have a problem with my fan controller though,

when i turn the control knob up from 0% to 75% the output voltage stays at around 9,4V and does not increase linearly like it should.

from 75% up to 100% though i get a range from the previous 9,4V up to around 12V (11,6).

I used a ordinary multimeter to measure this.

The fan's behave likewise and the rpms stay the same from 0-75%.

Now I'm wondering if this is a common problem with the fan controller of the 600T? I have done a search here aswell as google but couldn't really find anyone else complain about this.

How big are my chances of getting it replaced?

Thanks alot in advance and sorry for the length of this post!

I have a 600T and a H80, I don't think you are meant to connect the cooler fans to the case fan controller but to the pump unit.

thanks for your reply.

sorry for not being clear enough, it doesn't really matter whether the h100 fans are plugged in or not

I've tried a few different set ups and the fan controller always behaves the same..

it's a documented problem with the fan controller. Lots of reviews I read mentioned it. Hopefully Corsair will issue a replacement part to correct the problem at some point but I'll not be holding my breath.

it's a documented problem with the fan controller. Lots of reviews I read mentioned it. Hopefully Corsair will issue a replacement part to correct the problem at some point but I'll not be holding my breath.

thanks for the clarification

so is this a problem that concerns all of the shipped fan controllers in 600Ts so far or only a parts of them?

IMO this is a joke and corsair should offer a free replace, I'll give them a call soon.

When I first got my 600T, I tested the airflow of the 200mm exhaust by holding a piece of paper over it. I know there was a noticable difference between min and max settings, but I can't remember if I tested the minimum to middle range to see if there was a difference. I'll check tonight and post an update.

I haven't done any real testing like you did though (voltage range).

I can't comment on whether this is a 100% universal issue affecting all 600T's.........I can tell you however that my Fan Controller does very much the same as you describe....

......However, I wouldn't go as far as rating this as a fault or that it isn't working correctly in all honestly, as essentially it's all O.K.!!!!

For the first 75% of the turn of the dial, I only get approximately 55% increase in power/airflow/LED brightness, (and I'll fully admit this is completely guesstimated, as I've not recorded this properly with the respective equipment). But, it is very obvious to the eyes and ears as to what is happening, and I've had my 600T for a while now to get used to what's going on with it, and I know PC Hardware well enough to generally know by sound if something isn't right too lol :p:.

Then, for the remaining 25% turn of the dial, the voltage/power to the fans on the controller is simply increased far more aggressively, for want of a better term :laughing:.

I'd describe it more as if the first 75% of the dial permits more smaller and precise adjustments, then the last 25% simply becomes more aggressive as you demand max cooling potential etc.

Corsair doesn't advertise the "Fan Controller" as being "100% linear either", at least not anything I've read on it. I.E., 15% of dial turned, gets you 15% of power/voltage, 60% dial for 60% voltage, and obviously 100% for 100% max voltage/power. It doesn't work like that unfortunately!!!

If you think yours is broken however, then indeed, take it up with Corsair's returns process.

Thanks for your long reply arctic wolf :)

I can't comment on whether this is a 100% universal issue affecting all 600T's.........I can tell you however that my Fan Controller does very much the same as you describe....

......However, I wouldn't go as far as rating this as a fault or that it isn't working correctly in all honestly, as essentially it's all O.K.!!!!

yeah I understand where you're coming from but it still kinda bugs me that they are labeling this as a fan controller because it really isn't a controller.. (at least mine doesn't behave like one)

For the first 75% of the turn of the dial, I only get approximately 55% increase in power/airflow/LED brightness, (and I'll fully admit this is completely guesstimated, as I've not recorded this properly with the respective equipment). But, it is very obvious to the eyes and ears as to what is happening, and I've had my 600T for a while now to get used to what's going on with it, and I know PC Hardware well enough to generally know by sound if something isn't right too lol :p:.

This sounds alot different from how mine behaves.

I even disassembled the 200mm fans to take a better look at them while theyre connected and the power/airflow/LED brightness do not increase even a single bit. in the first 0% - 80%, they stay the same.

Then, for the remaining 25% turn of the dial, the voltage/power to the fans on the controller is simply increased far more aggressively, for want of a better term :laughing:.

If I take a really close look at it in the last 25% I can see the LEDs lighting up just a little bit but thats it..

Corsair doesn't advertise the "Fan Controller" as being "100% linear either", at least not anything I've read on it. I.E., 15% of dial turned, gets you 15% of power/voltage, 60% dial for 60% voltage, and obviously 100% for 100% max voltage/power. It doesn't work like that unfortunately!!!

If you think yours is broken however, then indeed, take it up with Corsair's returns process.

yes I'm completely aware that there is no way it can be completely linear but that isn't really my problem..

and yes I've already submitted an RMA request and I'm talking to the technical support now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived