Corsair Community

H100i v2 and corsair 120mm static pressure fans

specialedge

Good morning,

I have a h100i v2, and I understand that the maximum amperage it's controller can handle is 1.0A. I have the two stock fans and 2 additional corsair 120sp fans I previously had in a push/pull setup (h100i) controlled via motherboard/bios. I want to know whether it will be possible to transition this setup to the newer AIO model.

The additional 120sp fans clearly state 0.25A rating on their sticker, but my new stock fans are rated 0.28A which will, in combination, clearly overload my unit. When calculating this total amperage, is the {2(0.25)+2(0.28)} missing a value for the pump amperage rating? I already know better than to bust out these two y-splitters.

Also, would the corsair commander suffice to adequately power this setup in addition to offering Corsair Link control? My previous setup (h100i controller) was fried when I got it from the previous owner, so I could never access it in corsair link.

I suppose I am just trying to get a better understanding of the nature of the AIO product as well as some lay electrical engineering theory in one swoop :roll:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is certainly possible to transition this to an H100i V2.

Keep in mind that if you bought the H100i V2 new, you'll now have 4 of the radiator stock fans. These do have an advantage over the retail SP fans in that they are PWM controlled, rather than 3-pin, DC Controlled. They are, on the other hand, a good deal louder than the retail SP fans.

Don't bust out the y-splitters; that definitely won't work. The H100i V2 is powered by the fan connection and is definitely limited to 1.0A because of that (if nothing else). I've never seen numbers for the amperage required by the pump. But you are definitely thinking the right way. And do make sure that you set the fan connector that the pump is connected to to 100% power.

The Commander Pro will certainly be able to power this. The CoPro has a 1.0A limit on each fan header and a 4.5A limit over all of the fan connections. So you definitely have some room there.

What I would recommend is that you connect 1 pair of stock fans to the H100i V2 however and control them using the H100i V2 based on the temperature of the coolant (not the CPU) as PUSH. The other pair - your PULL fans - would be controlled by a CoPro with a thermal sensor in the radiator exhaust and then controlled based on the exhaust temperature.

Archived