Corsair Community

K95 RGB Macro keys not working

KuraiShidosha

If I use any version of the Corsair software past 1.16 (the last version prior to 2.x and 3.x) then my macro keys fail to work randomly. I've tried some random developer build back around 2.45 or something that worked, but once it was taken down and moved to public download the official builds are all broken. 3.x has never worked right and is a bloated mess.

Is no one using my model keyboard anymore and also using the macro keys? I feel like I'm alone on this forum. It's insane.

I get similar results. I have a profile setup for World of Warcraft and although the lighting profile does load like it should, the g-keys do not do anything at all. My only way to get them to work is to open the software and find my profile then click on every action I have bound to the g-keys. That gets them working immediately in game but it is frustrating to have to do this every time I launch my game.

This is using iCUE 3.6.109 and latest keyboard firmware.

At this point I'm not even convinced it's software. 1.16 was working fantastically for weeks now, and today I boot my comp and my macro keys aren't working. Restarting my computer fixed it. I just wish I had some kind of way to verify if the keys are actually being detected at the hardware level and it's software that's broken, or if it's the vice versa. Is there anyway to verify this? Wouldn't it be really odd for my regular keys to work just fine every time, but only macro keys are broken? This seriously implies to me it's a software problem but I don't see how or why.

the software does not interrupt the keys as far as i can tell, i think the hardware driver works much like any others out there but there are several of them so it can handle nkey rollover states. I assume that means each keyboard driver handles like a quarter of the regular keys, or it works in parallel somehow.

The macro keys do not emit anything detectable by default, only from within cue it can recognize them and then do x. The registercallback example in the SDK lets you remap them, which is what I do and find it very helpful for flexibility.

What I assume is happening - some part of your cue is crashing at some point at which time your macro keys stop working.

Very Clean installs of the latest 3.6 version is probably in order? If you go into Cue and set a remap to the gkeys (try a for example) and then open notepad and hit that gkey, it is not outputting a? Or is it working for a while and then not?

Archived