Corsair Community

iCUE forgets my keyboard

Iceymanz

Hi All

Long standing bug I've noticed. On windows 7, I have a K70 RGB and a corsair void headset. After a period of running, the iCUE (and previously the CUE) software seems to 'forget' or 'lose' the keyboard. It's just no longer in the software, the software no longer controls the lighting etc. Only fix is to physically remove the usb3 plug and plug it back in. Then it detects it again for a while.

Is there any workaround/fix for this? Thanks.

Tried a fresh install with windows 10. Same effect. After a random period (can be a few hours or a couple of days)

iCue forgets the keyboard - colors default back to standard non animated layout. Doesn't appear in the app, even after I restart icue. I also note a red flag on the icue tray icon but can't see it attached to anything in the app.

Does anyone else experience this?

• 3 weeks later...
Tried a fresh install with windows 10. Same effect. After a random period (can be a few hours or a couple of days)

iCue forgets the keyboard - colors default back to standard non animated layout. Doesn't appear in the app, even after I restart icue. I also note a red flag on the icue tray icon but can't see it attached to anything in the app.

Does anyone else experience this?

I'm having this exact same issue... I posted about it just now, not realizing someone else had this issue. Looks like it's specific to iCUE and certain people with Strafe RGB keyboards (and other peripherals)

A fix would be awesome...

edit: After a week or so, the problem went away on it's own.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I possibly have the same issue too...

The Keyboard works in terms of typing, but the RGB doesnt load, only 1 base colour.

On opening iCUE, no devices is found.

I changed form a corsair k90 vengeance keys to a K70 RGB Rapidfire about a month ago.

The issue comes & goes.

I have tried different USB ports, changing the BIOS USB initialization. Still issue. Reinstalled iCUE. Still issue.

I had hope that a iCUE version update would help - the recent few have not.

If I Quit iCUE & manually start it again - boom... all good. Getting sick of doing that.

• 4 weeks later...
I have also had this same issue, with my coressair K55 RBG keyboard i have notice the no keyboard not show in the software and that it's not showing that it is plugged-in. i think this might be a bug or some kind of a glitch. I have notice this happens sometime also after updateing the software aswell!

Archived