Corsair Community

AX1200i not recognized by icue

Steve151

OK, I read a thread about an HX850 not connecting, and I am here to verify it is not a one off. My AX1200i does not show up in icue after install.

My configuration is as follows.

Gigabyte x399 gaming 7

AMD threadripper 1950x

64gb corsair LPX 3200 clocked at 3200 (samsung b die)

Intel 750 ssd main drive.

My corsair psu is connected through an internal NXTZ powered usb hub to one of the MB usb 2.0 headers. I had the latest corsair link 4 software

already installed and working normally. All components show in corsair link, including PSU. (k95 rgb and mm800 mousepad work normally in cue).

Install icue per your instructions. System asks for a reboot. After system reboot, and upon opening icue, only the keyboard, mouse, and commander

show up. (commander on same hub as psu).

Reboot several times, no power supply (I don't remember if the memory wasthere). Device manager all ok. No issues I can find.

Here's the good part. I open corsair link 4, and it tells me the PSU is under the control of the icue software. Oh well. So, I decide

to uninstall the icue software. Before I reboot, I open the corsair link software before the reboot. What should appear? Everything

running normally. PSU is there, memory is there (forgot to mention 2 of the 4 sticks of memory are rgb), commander is there, all

working just like I never did anything. WITHOUT a reboot.

Now, if I had a usb problem, as you stated to the previous user, how is it working normally without a reboot? How would corsair link see it if it's the

same software if it's not in icue? This is an icue bug, not a system issue.

Thank you.

Here is the icue log file you asked for. I also have two screen shots. One before I reinstalled icue, showing the psu in corsair link. The other is both corsair link and icue. Corsair link showing psu controlled by icue, and the icue without the psu displayed.

1258562432_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.762bb67e89d5b265661ad3daa9a779d3.png

618722025_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.c91bd20daa617e1293ddb31d0bb4cc0e.png

Having the same problem with my AX860i. I had the latest download of Corsair Link and the PS was on there. Proceeded to uninstall Link and installed iCue to test it out and looks like the PS isn't showing up.

I've also attached my logs. From the single usb header I have on the board, I have the commander pro plugged in. From the commander pro, I have a H150i and the AX860i plugged into the two headers. Oddly enough, I was messing around with it yesterday. I had no problem discovering either device (h150i or ax860i) when only having one device plugged in into either usb port but when I have both plugged in, it discovers either one or the other.

Corsair.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Note that the Commander Mini will not be supported in iCue.

Is there are particular reason? I mean, I've upgraded my Commander hardware more often than my CPU so far, this seems a bit unfair to loyal customers who've suffered through all the awfully buggy software Corsair has released for the link system. If corsair wants to keep my business in the future, I would like a darn good reason as to why Commander Mini will not be supported.

I use a Corsair Case, a Corsair PSU, a Corsair keyboard, Corsair Ram, Corsair Mouse (temporarily not but will again once I repair the stupid middle wheel click switch that's terrible quality) and the Corsair Link Commander Mini. I also used the original Link Commander. I don't like being treated like a second class customer for simply not buying every new piece of Corsair Hardware that gets released.

here the same problem: i have AX1500i, no fan control, and the Power In/out readings are incorrectly (means hardstuck at 50W, no alteration, even when i fire up my GPU). USB connection does not matter. i tried internal/external and the Commander Pro usb headers, none of them work and let iCUE see my AX1500i

edit: with corsair link all is fine

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.cba7c639409769b002c89ca4b94fe550.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Disclaimer: Firstly; we are going to manually edit an iCue configuration file (“widgetsMetaData”) so it’s a good practice to make a backup copy of this file before you start playing around with it. The location of this file will be disclosed a bit later. Secondly; I can only go off the information within my iCue Dashboard and have only tested this with my Corsair 2 x CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R DRAM kits. I’m unsure if other memory will display the same default order as mine.

This is a brief tutorial of those who aren’t happy with the layout of non-clickable/non-movable entries shown in the Dashboard widgets. Maybe it’s a bit of OCD creeping in but I was bugged by the order of timing information displayed within the DRAM widget. Mine was ordered “Frequency, tRCD, CL, tRAS, CR & tRP” as shown below:

attachment.php?attachmentid=33999&stc=1&d=1534647435

Most RAM I’ve seen show the primary timing as “CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS” and I wanted Dashboard to reflect the same order (I kept the Frequency as the first entry and move Command Rate to last). The goal is to have the final layout display as:

attachment.php?attachmentid=34000&stc=1&d=1534647444

The layout of displayed widgets (and order of entries within those widgets) displayed in the Dashboard is held within Corsair’s configuration data found in the “users/%username%/AppData/Roaming/Corsair/CUE/widgets” folder in an XML file called “widgetsMetaData”. (XML files are designed to be human readable and can directly edit this with Notepad or any other plain text editor of your choice.)

Steps…

• Exit iCue. Don’t just dismiss it down to the notification area, you must exit iCue for this to work.
  • If you haven’t already done so, make a backup copy of “widgetsMetaData”.
  • Open “widgetsMetaData” in Notepad and search for “DramFrequency”.

You’ll see the entries for the various DRAM information laid out in a section which is contained within <sensorPart></sensorPart> delimiter tags. Each entry in the DRAM widget is also delimited by a pair of tags - <value%></value%> (where % is an ascending numeric denoting the order of that entry within the DRAM widget). My default is shown below:

<sensorPart>
<polymorphic_id>1073741824</polymorphic_id>
<ptr_wrapper>
	<valid>1</valid>
	<data>
		<deviceSerial>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0></deviceSerial>
		<sensors size="dynamic">
			<value0>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<DramFrequency>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value0>
			<value1>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<RasToCasDelay>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value1>
			<value2>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CasLatency>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value2>
			<value3>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CycleTime>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value3>
			<value4>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CommandRate>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value4>
			<value5>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<RasPrecharge>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value5>
		</sensors>
		<showGraphs>true</showGraphs>
	</data>
</ptr_wrapper>
</sensorPart>

The easiest way to reorder them is to simply cut and paste the value% pairs into the order you want them displayed and then go back and update the “%” part of each entry so they count up sequentially. And now mine is as below:

<sensorPart>
<polymorphic_id>1073741824</polymorphic_id>
<ptr_wrapper>
	<valid>1</valid>
	<data>
		<deviceSerial>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0></deviceSerial>
		<sensors size="dynamic">
			<value0>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<DramFrequency>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value0>
			<value1>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CasLatency>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value1>
			<value2>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<RasToCasDelay>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value2>
			<value3>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<RasPrecharge>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value3>
			<value4>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CycleTime>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value4>
			<value5>
				<first>vid<1b1c>pid<000006>serial<>index<0>senstype<CommandRate>sensindex<0></first>
				<second>true</second>
			</value5>
		</sensors>
		<showGraphs>true</showGraphs>
	</data>
</ptr_wrapper>
</sensorPart>

• Reorder the entries as I described above.
  • Save the file and restart iCue.

When you click Dashboard, it should now reflect the order of your manually configured the widget <value%> entries. I have tested unchecking the DRAM widget and then checking it again (remove/show) and the order I manually set remains correct.

I’m unsure why the iCue team chose to display the information in this order in the first place when the long-standing technical specifications convention is different. I can understand why it cannot be reordered as this is static information only but at least using my method, you can restore the expected primary timing order for your DRAM.

1026433179_OldLayout.JPG.b858ad48475fefa670dcb88f25a2757b.JPG

953448864_NewLayout.JPG.b7cb27eb3f0876fcdfa2440b2139bc65.JPG

Archived