Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32 + 32 GB 2666 MHz - weaker lights with Light Bar

DarkAvenger

Greetings

Any idea why four of my eight Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM modules have weaker LED light? They're the same model, same type, use the same RAM upgrade, etc. It's just two 32GB kits, bought some time one from another [a year].

Please see attachment for the preview of the situation

Thank You and best regards

Bryan

dominator-1.thumb.jpg.b7bdf69d36e554a52ec6e76a22185c0f.jpg

dominator-2.thumb.jpg.575c83afe9077998282f76fb2be4d518.jpg

This issue has surfaced several times in various threads. I am uncertain as to the final resolution of the issue. This is the last one I remember, which unfortunately is now missing the photos. Nevertheless, it is the same as yours and if your search around you will find more. You can contact Corsair directly through the Tech Support site, but unfortunately I suspect the answer you will receive is "don't mix kits". I am not sure the light bar kit is such a great upgrade these days.

This issue has surfaced several times in various threads. I am uncertain as to the final resolution of the issue. This is the last one I remember, which unfortunately is now missing the photos. Nevertheless, it is the same as yours and if your search around you will find more. You can contact Corsair directly through the Tech Support site, but unfortunately I suspect the answer you will receive is "don't mix kits". I am not sure the light bar kit is such a great upgrade these days.
Hmm, so it means I'm screwed up, more or less, right? :sigh!:

I don't know. You may be able to convince them to replace the most recent kit. No one has ever specified whether these differences are manufacturing related, part of a change in product specification, or something else entirely. However, you certainly are not the first person to run into this problem. I would pursue it along those lines.

I don't know. You may be able to convince them to replace the most recent kit. No one has ever specified whether these differences are manufacturing related, part of a change in product specification, or something else entirely. However, you certainly are not the first person to run into this problem. I would pursue it along those lines.
Thank You very much. I appreciate Your attitude towards this/my matter :)

Archived