Corsair Community

New Corsair One Pro Plus, Crashes within a Minute of Game Play

terrorvoxel

Just got my Corsair One Pro Plus today, and it crashes within a moment (45-70 seconds) of playing various games, such as CS:GO and Far Cry 5, when on the highest settings (3840×2160 resolution, all settings on high/very high/whatever is max). In CS:GO, if I reduce the resolution / turn down the settings, it displays various visual artifact-ings and eventually crashes, but after a longer period of time (2-5 minutes). I monitored temps just before a crash in Far Cry 5 with reduced resolution / settings; CPU cores were 50-64 C, GPU was 45 C. Room temp was 18 C (if that matters?) It has not crashed at all if a game isn't running.

I tried both DisplayPorts and HDMI, same result. This was while running driver version 391.35 (newest?), and downgraded to several previous versions (388.71, 390.65, etc) and there was no change in behavior.

SKU is CS-9000013-NA, lot # is 18105104.

Do I have a defective unit? Any ideas on what to try next?

I had a similar problem and it seems some of the units do this sometimes out of the box. Doing the steps in the troubleshooting guide in the top of this forum (CMOS reset etc.) plus disabling Windows fast boot solved the issue for me.

• Corsair Employee

Visual artifacts? It sounds like there may be an issue with the graphics card. If the option is available in BIOS, see if changing PCIe to Gen 2 helps. If the option isn't available in BIOS, you're likely on a BIOS version that has it enabled by default.

If the artifacting continues, please contact our customer support team.

• 8 months later...

I have the exact same issue. Ticket#824831

Games are completely unplayable on the unit. This is already a replacement, but only lasted three months this time around. The first unit literally won't boot up after a week.

It's weird how this time around, the tickets aren't being responded quickly at all.

Is Corsair giving up on us One owners?

Archived