Corsair Community

ax1200i Individually Sleeved Modular Cables

andyemos

Having same problem, only see AX1200 sleeved cables at webshop. And i've been frequently checking corsair store for the sleeved cables in stock. But up until today i notice they have been removed from the store as an product, why?

Any E.T.A. on those accesories? or recomendation to international shipping retailers that does have sleeved cables for AX1200i in stock?

Your right they were removed from the web store 4 days ago but i'm not sure they were available to buy then as I didn't look. I am waiting for the AX860 cables. I can only assume all of the 2nd generation cables will come out all at once in the near future, they were all due in December according to the compatibility matrix. RAMGUY did say he would chase this up last week so I will be patient for a while and not go and buy an AX1200 about it :D:

I am from the UK but I don't think I will wait for stores to stock them over here, I might ask scan for an ETA when they come out.

If any of you are after BLUE AX1200i kits in Europe Scan have them in stock and on sale, only blue unfortunately: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-professional-individually-sleeved-modular-cable-upgrade-kit-for-ax1200i-psu-blue

Also see the compatibility matrix has been updated it now reads **Available TBD Q1 2013** for the 2nd Gen kits.

It looks to me like what Corsair and its retailers are doing is selling off the current type 3 AX1200i kits for the release of the Type 3 Generation 2 kits which are much more compatible across the range.

Right here - http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/manual/PSU_Sleeved_Compatibility_Matrix2.pdf

I find it interesting that the type 3 gen 2 will be compatible with the AX860 and all AXi's yet the old AX1200i kit was never listed as being compatible with the AX860/860i. Annoying because I probably could have bought one when I got my PSU but there all gone now. Perhaps the 2nd Generation kits will be better :D:

It's not solved yet, there is no date and I don't have a set of pretty red cables. The compatibility matrix said previously they were out in mid december, seeing as that wasn't updated until late January Q1 could be Q2. By which point we will all be sitting around playing GTA V on nVidia GTX700 series cards with red illuminated Dominator Platinum Modules and we might just start to think, wasn't there some cables I had to order :confused:

But I appreciate the hype.

Right here - http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/manual/PSU_Sleeved_Compatibility_Matrix2.pdf

I find it interesting that the type 3 gen 2 will be compatible with the AX860 and all AXi's yet the old AX1200i kit was never listed as being compatible with the AX860/860i. Annoying because I probably could have bought one when I got my PSU but there all gone now. Perhaps the 2nd Generation kits will be better :D:

Thanks...another bookmark for the collection!

In other corners of the internet there are people claiming slightly more inter-compatibility between cable kits than the matrix implies. I have heard of someone using the TX/HX and someone else using the AX1200i kits with the AX860.

I already bought an AX1200 kit to try with mine like a noob, I picked about the only other PSU which doesn't have compatible cables, I thought ahh same series (AX) same manufacturer (seasonic) it will be just the same with a couple of extra PCIe cables. But no, every cable was totally wrong and it turns out they are compatible with the flextronics units :D: oh well the store took it back and I got another trip out to view their hardware.

• Corsair Employee

JR23

The I series PSU cables are not compatible with Non I series PSU with a few exceptions. Some PSU's are not compatible as far as the cable connections. This has been brought to the Products managers Attention and I am sure we will do our bet to address that in the future.

andyemos

I am sorry but it seems your Original post was diluted by other chiming in with their own twist/spin on your question.:(:

But at this time the only reseller that I am aware of selling our Braided Cables would http://www.scan.uk.co but they may not have these cables yet as they have only been available for less than thirty days.

No that does not mean there is no other resellers selling our cable it means what is says the only reseller I am aware of is scan do don't put too much in to it. If you cannot find the cables you want I would suggest using SKYPE and call the toll free number listed under contact on the main site and see if they can help you with the cables

To those over here in Europe I just sent an email to scan asking if they had an ETA on the type 3 gen 2 cables. Sure it was a long shot! but I was just checking they were on the ball ;):

Joe Robey,

We're awaiting an ETA for the 1200i cable kit - as soon as we are accepting pre-orders this item shall be listed online.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Scan Computers

• 4 weeks later...

YES YES YES!!!! Finally here! Just added a set to my basket and oh, shipping is $100 :eek: seriously, well I guess i'm still waiting for guys over here to stock them but good to know they are out. Good job at meeting you 3rd ETA with a month to spare Corsair, I hope they look good.

Joe

Archived