Corsair Community

HX650 replaced twice, still chirping

ChrisW_UK

I returned my first HX650 (model CP-9020030-UK, RMA #5401624) because of the now famous 'chirping' problem. The replacement had a different fault - it wouldn't power up - so was replaced again. So I'm now on unit #3 and have the chirping problem again.

Is it possible to get a guaranteed chirp-free HX650 or alternatively to upgrade to a different model which doesn't have this fault?

Chris,

your best bet is to contact CS by phone with your previous RMA number and explain the issue to them. Let them know that this is the third unit and second RMA. I have seen other users report being able to change models under certain circumstances but you would have to ask them about that.

Also they will pick up the shipping costs on second RMA's

Since your across the pond there , you can instal SKYPE and use that to make the call to the toll free number for free.

Cheers!

• Corsair Employee

Please look on the BOX or the PSU for the lot code, it will be an 8 or 9 digit number and will likely start with 12.

And I have sent a request to our customer service to work on a replacement at our expense for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Regarding this "chirping": every so often, my HX650 makes this sort of brief "cheep-cheep-cheep" noise (which nearly had me nearly pulling my hair out trying to find the source!). The unit is about two weeks old. But I can't return it to Newegg because I, foolishly, sent in the rebate the day I received the package! :[pouts:

Archived