Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2019, 08:24 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007755
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensong View Post
Yes, i did click you can refer to picture attached. Im even check on the actual fans by reverse the PSU position the fans wouldn't spin no matter what i did even on full load or high temp.
Make sure you test this after a full restart or cold boot and not after resuming from sleep. We are seeing an issue with some devices not recovering after a sleep state. What you're describing was happening to me after resume with the fan profile applied in iCUE, but no action. Other PSU monitoring continued as expected. I either need to reconnect the PSU USB or restart. I am sure that will get worked out in the next version, but for now it is a pain.

You may very well have a PSU issue, but make sure it is not the software glitch above.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM
stevensong's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007787
stevensong Reputation: 10
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Notepad View Post
No we do not as we do not recommend you open up your PSU and replace parts inside of it.
May i ask what is your advise as we had exhausted all the troubleshoots option?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007813
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemble View Post
So you will RMA OP's PSU if requested?
Nothing to do with me buddy... I don't work for Corsair. but I may have played inside PSU's ;)

Old 06-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007871
Corsair Kevin Reputation: 10

Have you tried running simultaneous benchmarks to ramp up the power consumption of your PC? The screenshots you shared with the custom fan curve setting show that the load at those times were only 82W and 73W. Both the HX850i and RM1000i PSUs have Zero RPM Mode, which means the fan won't spin at all until the load reaches at least 40%. In those screenshots, you're at <10% load. Custom fan curves will not, as far as I know, override Zero RPM mode, and the curve you set is ONLY for loads above 40% of max power output.

Here's the HX850i manual which illustrates the fan curves:
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia...HXi-Manual.pdf

Since you've already tried the fan test function and it spun, that means it works. Fan test isn't supposed to make the fan run at full speed, it's just to check functionality in terms of having power supplied to it and that it can actually spin.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:14 PM
stevensong's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007875
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Kevin View Post
Have you tried running simultaneous benchmarks to ramp up the power consumption of your PC? The screenshots you shared with the custom fan curve setting show that the load at those times were only 82W and 73W. Both the HX850i and RM1000i PSUs have Zero RPM Mode, which means the fan won't spin at all until the load reaches at least 40%. In those screenshots, you're at <10% load. Custom fan curves will not, as far as I know, override Zero RPM mode, and the curve you set is ONLY for loads above 40% of max power output.

Here's the HX850i manual which illustrates the fan curves:
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia...HXi-Manual.pdf

Since you've already tried the fan test function and it spun, that means it works. Fan test isn't supposed to make the fan run at full speed, it's just to check functionality in terms of having power supplied to it and that it can actually spin.

Hi kelvin, thank you for you recommendation and advise yes indeed i run 3D benchmark and try to load the PSU but no matter how i try i can't budge the fans to spin. Or do you have any recommendation freeware / trial software for me to try another round. The reasons i compare with RM1000i is that i understand RM1000i also have ZeroRPM feature but i manage to make it spins under certain circulation. That screenshot is i taken during everything idle time and Im even try to set the temp below the certain to trigger the fans to spin also it wouldn't work but i notice something is that weird when ever i boot up to restart i can see the fans like spark spins meaning it like move abit not even full round 360degree spins. just a jerking spin. Waiting for you to reply. TQ

Old 06-13-2019, 01:17 PM
stevensong's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007877

From my observation it might not due to the fans problem as fans test the fans was pass it will spins during the test ... as it might be the electronics circuity board that control the fans that have problems.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007884

Hi Steven, if you've already tried everything and even at a >40% load, the fan doesn't turn on, I would suggest starting a support ticket at www.corsair.com/support. There, they can guide you further, whether helping you with that unit or setting up an RMA. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Old 06-14-2019, 05:37 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008000

Hi Steven, I was informed that setting a custom fan curve in iCUE SHOULD override Zero RPM mode. Sorry about that. There was a bit of a misunderstanding when I inquired about it earlier. In any case, it does seem like you just need to RMA your unit. If we can be of any further help, please don't hesitate to ask/inquire.