Corsair Community

Audio Compatibily

TheDogGir

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I cannot see why it would not work if you can select the Audio out source but we have not tested with these types of devices so I am not sure if they will load and install a suitable USB Audio driver that may be needed.

• 2 months later...

The reply in October by Ram guy. That they have not "tested" these for PS3 and Xbox applications... must be a fib. There are over 60,000,000 PS3 and xbox units out there... probably far more than the amount of dedicated pc gamers. The market potential is too high for Corsair to ignore. There must be something wrong with the design to where it does not work as well on those units... probably because you have to install drivers on your PC to use it properly and they could not figure it out how to make it firmware based - so it is plug and play when using it on the gaming units. I am only making an educated guess since there has not been a proper response. So Corsair... please explain a little more (honestly) in detail for those of us 60,000,000 console owners out there who are considering purchasing your headphones. Are you coming out with an updated model soon to capture this small (lol) market?

Cause I play on both pc and Ps3 and I want a headset that will work on both... flawlessly.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but the HS1 requires a driver to load for full functionality, however depending on the O.S, that the specific device is using it may load a default USB driver but we have no documented information on anything other than Windows.

Archived