Corsair Community

(Poor performance?) Corsair CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT

I just purchased two (2) Corsair CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT last night. I'm not running these disks in any raid configuration. I have one disk as an OS drive, and the other disk as an application drive. It currently only has World of Warcraft installed.

These drives out of the box were already formatted with an NTFS partition. I have not formatted them, or done any other disk management against them. Do I need to?

I ran AS SSD benchmark utility against the non-OS drive and here are the results. See attached photo.

At anyrate - this seems awfully slow. Maybe I have something setup incorrectly.

Any ideas?

-

mike

2086960726_as-ssd-benchCorsairCSSD-R603_23.201010-50-26AM.png.7bbe439c511d1edac79be7909a1d0e63.png

• Corsair Employee
The rated speed would be 270 MB/s sequential read and 130 MB/s sequential write but I would use ATTO to run the test. I suspect they will perform properly in Atto, and yes you should quick format them with 4096 allocation.

The rated speed would be 270 MB/s sequential read and 130 MB/s sequential write but I would use ATTO to run the test. I suspect they will perform properly in Atto, and yes you should quick format them with 4096 allocation.

RAM GUY -

I did a quick format on the non-OS drive with your previous recommendation. The results still seem slow to me.

See attached photos.

One thing I noticed from AS SSD Benchmark, it shows "31 K - BAD" and when I mouse over the text - it says "Offset / Alignment @ 4K Cluster." I'm not entirely what that means, or if it's something to be concerned about?

The seek times are fast on the drive (way faster than my regular HDDs), but based on what I've seen floating around on the web - it seems like these results should be faster.

Am I missing something, or simply expecting too much?

-

mike

ATTO-Results.thumb.png.e806e2f3092871a9e3d70979ceb3321f.png

as-ssd-bench-result.png.343c1c98129df6b11f993327055008d1.png

The message "31 K - BAD" means that the partition is not aligned with the sectors on the disk, worsening the performace of the drive. Dont know what OS you use, but google "align ssd" and your OS and you should find several helpful pages with instructions :biggrin:

Archived