Corsair Community

TX950+Asus freezes : what to expect by replacement ?

Perceval

Hello,

I talked with RAM guy (thanks !) about an user-known problem using a TX950W PSU with a recent Asus motherboard (Rampage II Extreme in my case) and causing random freezes.

I've sent the package back to my reseller today with all details about my trouble and they'll send it to Corsair. BUT both RAM Guy and my reseller (http://www.rueducommerce.com) say they'll repair it.

And lots of people is saying that any TX950 will be incompatible with our boards, so my question is : what to expect when you RMA a TX950W ??

Will Corsair send me a new one, which will probably not work because of "incompatibility", will Corsair fix it or can I ask for buying a HX1000 which looks fully working (the TX950 cost me 130€, and the HX1000 costs 190€, so I would like to get a HX1000 by adding 60€...) ?

Thank you, it is important to me since my computer was ready for use on saturday and now I won't be able to use it before getting a new one... :mad::mad::mad:

• Corsair Employee
We do not repair RMA'd units, we replace them with brand new ones. Please request an RMA and mention that you have already spoken with RAM GUY on the forum. Once you get the RMA number send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com and include a link to this thread along with your contact and shipping information and we will have our customer service provide you with some replacement options.

Hi RAM Guy, thanks for you response :)

BUT my trouble is : TX950W model is not working with my computer parts, either Asus or Corsair never noticed this bug and now I have it, I'm stuck my fully new not usable computer without any hope to be refund. HX1000 is very expensive (I don't have much money at all, and I need lots of power to overclock my computer) and it would help me a lot to change this buggy TX950 to a HX1000 without paying full price.

To resume : I guess I'm going to have a brand new TX950 which will probably not work with my computer as any people with this problem couldn't solve it until they changed their psu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, here are news : my reseller agreed by sending back to Corsair my PSU as defect (warranty), but I don't know at all what will happen next.

I do not know at all if I'll get another TX950 which will not work or if I can see with you here about changing model for a HX1000. I'm very worried about this, because if I get another TX950 which will be absolutely useless I won't be able to buy any other psu for a long time (no money).

Briefly : please help make my new computer alive, and do not make me wait for months.......................................................

• Corsair Employee
Perceval, if you are worried about having the same problem with the replacement, then please follow the instructions I posted above. Our customer service will need to help you resolve this issue.

Thanks, I posted a mail with all you've been asking for.

Other trouble is : RMA assigned, but my reseller sends it to you with no/other RMA (I don't know at all...). Is this a trouble anyway ?

I added this trouble to my mail also. thanks again !::pirate::

Thanks, I posted a mail with all you've been asking for.

Other trouble is : RMA assigned, but my reseller sends it to you with no/other RMA (I don't know at all...). Is this a trouble anyway ?

I added this trouble to my mail also. thanks again !::pirate::

According to your mail, I renewed my RMA.

And........... as usual, my RMA (1415570) always returns "Defective Parts Not Yet Received" since it's my reseller who sent you the PSU.

Wasn't it useless to renew a RMA ? Still waiting for any new from my PSU, I don't even know if Corsair got it, etc etc.

I just signed up to make a post about if it was possible that a powersupply could cause the computer to freeze / reboot without any error/notice. And then I saw this thread that seems to be the exact problem I'm having.

I replaced my powersupply with a new TX950W just like you. And my motherboard is also a ASUS, but mine is a P5K SE motherboard.

I'm been spending weeks now trying to figure out what was suddenly wrong with my computer. I unstalled a ton of software, ran virus/spyware scans, tested the hardddisk, and so on.. And then I seems like its my brand new powersupply that causes the problem ?

I gotta say, that I'm both happy and a bit concerned that I might have found the reason. Since atleast I'm not alone witht the problem, but i'm also a bit concerned about the RMA, because it will do me no good just having it replaced with a new TX950W then, if this is a known problem with ASUS motherboards ?

I'm gonna try and post my own thread with my problem as well.. But atleast you now know that you're not alone with the problem with this PSU and a ASUS motherboard.

Welcome DK,

I was just like you at the beginning then I found out this topic :http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=84067

All is here... We really need to warn people about this bug, since Corsair nor Asus say a word about it. Meanwhile people buys these TX and got stuck as I am, losing looooooots of time - "dead" new computer for a month now... - and money.

• Corsair Employee

If you are having problems with your TX950W, Please request an RMA and mention that you have already spoken with RAM GUY on the forum. Once you get the RMA number send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com and include a link to this thread along with your contact and shipping information and we will have our customer service provide you with some replacement options.

Perceval, Unfortunately we have nothing to do with your resellers RMA process. We can not track it or tell you the status of your replacement if you have done it directly with your reseller. Your reseller will need to tell you if they sent it to us, and if they did they should have received an RMA number from Corsair. If you can get this RMA number then we can let you know exactly what is going on.

Your reseller will need to tell you if they sent it to us, and if they did they should have received an RMA number from Corsair. If you can get this RMA number then we can let you know exactly what is going on.

Thanks for info, the reseller just told me that Corsair agreed to get my PSU back, but I have no new since. I'll contact the reseller to catch the RMA.

Edit : I got the RMA, it's 1155434.

• Corsair Employee
Perceval, Thanks for the update, I have sent your information to our RMA group and asked them to contact you with the status of your RMA. If you do not hear anything within 24 hours please let me know!

Perceval, we were not able to find your contact information relating to the RMA, can you please send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com and put "ATT: ramguy" in the subject line. Please provide a link to this thread and your preferred contact information and we will contact you ASAP!

I did all you told me. Thanks very much for your help... :biggrin:

Hi RAMGUY, same problem on my system.

I was reading this forum long time and i need an RMA for my 950XT. It's possible to change it for an 1000HX or 850HX?

I'm going to send you an e-mail with my RMA number.

Best Regards!

Raul.

Hi RAMGUY, same problem on my system.

I was reading this forum long time and i need an RMA for my 950XT. It's possible to change it for an 1000HX or 850HX?

I'm going to send you an e-mail with my RMA number.

Best Regards!

Raul.

Hello,

I received few minutes ago a message from Corsair telling there is incompatibility, so they asked whether to change for a HX850 or HX1000. I'll keep info for you.

Hi. I've receive a mail from corsair saying (i understand) that the problem is fixed and i will receive the same part.

Here is it:

=====

We will be sending the same part number however there was a change to fix this issue.

=====

:D: supper quick!

Hi. I've receive a mail from corsair saying (i understand) that the problem is fixed and i will receive the same part.

Here is it:

=====

We will be sending the same part number however there was a change to fix this issue.

=====

:D: supper quick!

OMG indeed you are very lucky !!!!

I guess your computer specs were ready for a fix, for me it looks like noone ever solved it :[pouts:

I experienced the same problem and posted on that other thread. Corsair really impressed me this time with how they resolved it. This is what I did, maybe it will help those who're having the same incompatibility issue.

E-mails take too long to respond, so I phoned Corsair tech support directly and explained the problem, citing this thread. They told me to fill an RMA form, and I did. When I got my RMA number assigned, I called customer service, and they quickly offered to replace my 950TX with a brand new 950TX

So I explained patiently that it wouldn't do any good, because my unit is fine, but it's incompatible. I need a different model. They said it couldn't be done, they can only exchange it for THE SAME MODEL.

I explained it again, and the guy didn't seem to get it. I assumed that being from customer service, he wasn't understanding the technical details. So I told him to put tech support on the line. I re-explained my problem, and told him that Customer Service was refusing to provide me with a different model.

He understood me completely, and put me on hold so that he could talk to the Customer Service guy. 5 minutes later, Customer Service was on the line offering me, at no extra cost, the HX1000.

All this took about an hour.

Shipped my 950TX, a few days later got my HX1000. My previously useless computer is now purring happily.

Thank you, Corsair!

I'm going to do the same that musicalogist (thanks) to call by phone tomorrow because i'd not receive any notification from Corsair or RAM Guy by mail 3 days form today :[pouts:

I'm not satisfied on take the same psu model, because if the new one dont work too,.......

I need to change it for a 1000 or 850 one.

I had a mail chat with a sweet lady understanding my trouble and allowed me to change my TX950 to a HX1000 at no extra cost.

The weird part is : my reseller took back my PSU, then sent it to Corsair, and none of them can say where the PSU is :confused:

Nevermind, but I have to wait my PSU to be sent back THEN I have to resend it to Corsair. Kinda boring but it's okay.

Archived