Corsair Community

Dell Dimension 4300 memory upgrade

astro303

I want to increase the memory on my Dell Dimension 4300 1.6MHz, PC 133, and it presently has 256 sdram memory. I am reading in some places that the maximum memory it can use is 512. Other sites suggest increasing by 512. My question is am I wasting my time buying a 512 memory stick or is another 256 all it can take. I would like to inrease by another 512 if possible, but there is no point if it can't be used. Another question is regarding upgrading to a better type of memory. Any suggestions as to what I should do to get the best and most memory for and out of this computer. Is SDRAM the only memory I can use? I have learned a lot today, but am not sure yet. Is the corsair VS512MB133 compatible or is it too much memory when combined with the exisiting 256, and I should just get the 256 version. Thanks for any help.

• Corsair Employee
According to the [URL=http://support.jp.dell.com/docs/systems/dim4300/specs.htm#1101572]DD4300 Data Sheet[/URL] you can only run a Max of 512 Meg of total memory but you can use one module so it shoudl not be a problem. I would get one 512 Meg module. And you will probably not be able to mix the memory you have now.

Archived