Corsair Community

3200LL, 4000 or 4000pro

rosey

Hi, I have been reading about this memory stuff for a little while now and would just like to ask a few questions to clarify a few things. Firstly , I am about to upgrade my comp and am in the process of sorting out bits to put in it. I have decided on an ASUS P4c800-e deluxe mobo witha P4 2.6 and two Maxtor 120Gb sata drives. I am just wondering what type of RAM you guys would recommend for this type of system. I have seen numerous posts suggesting 3200LL for this system but if I want to overclock would 4000 RAM be a better choice. Any advice would be really appreciated at the moment as all the reading up on this stuff is starting to hurt my head. First question but many more will follow... :D:

Rosey, The asus pc4800e-deluxe, p4 2.6c and 3200llpt would not run for me @ auto setting without error in Memtest. I had to relax the timings, which resulted in running premium ram at generic timings. This forum appears to recommend overvolting. You may consider trying that. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply:): So are you saying that if I get the 3200LL RAM I will not be able to run it at its advertised specs or is this just a case of bad luck. I am at the moment leaning more towards the 4000 speed RAM just because I think I read that it is more suited to overclocking with my setup.

I have been reading some reviews and they have said that the 3200LL Ram can reach the speed of the PC4000 ram but with lower latencies. I was just wondering if I should go with the 3200LL, save some money and overclock it to the PC4000 speeds or should I stick with the PC4000 ram and overclock it as well and then be more future proof as well. I mainly play FS2004 and LOck on-modern air combat so do you think I will see any real difference between these two modules Rosey I still like the thought of not overclocking so much and still getting good speeds hence I am still leaning towards the PC4000

• Corsair Employee
Well I have not seen them run above 230Mhz my self and that was with relaxed timings. So if you plan on over clocking I would suggest Twinx1024-4000 as the best choice. If you will not over clock then Twinx1024-3200LL will be the best choice.

Archived