Corsair Community

HD120 Fans not lighting up

Bupa

I'm hoping someone can help me out here! Please!

Anyways, I recently finished building my rig and I'm down to tinkering with the fans. I bought 6 HD120 + Commander Pro + Lighting Node Pro. I have everything set up as it should be:

- All 6 fans connected to HD hub

- HD hub is connected to Commander Pro via dock in LED #1

- LED strips are connected via dock in LED #2

Once my rig is powered on, the LED strips are working perfectly but as for my fans, only 1 of 6 are lighting up (they are running though). I've updated CL4 and the Commander Pro to the latest firmware and I made sure to hit the "+" to add the other fans but still no avail.

Looking forward to everyone's help! Thank you in advance!

I tried that but still nothing.

On another note, I bought another 6 HD120 and now 3 fans light up but the last 3 are still not working. I'm now guessing the Commander Pro is faulty? The 3 fans that light up work in slots 1,2,3 but 4,5,6 don't work...

• 2 weeks later...

I have this exact problem. 6 fans attached to a hub. Commander pro attached the the hub via one LED port. And I can only light up one fan.

I know the hub works because when it was hooked up to the case (570x, I could light all the fans). I also saw all the fans light up briefly (RAINBOW!) when I did a firmware update for the commander pro. But as soon as the firmware update was done, it went back to only lighting one fan.

• 7 months later...
I'm having a similar issue. I just recently bought 3x HD120 fans and a Corsair Node Pro Kit, Upon receiving the fans I realised that I didn't have the Corsair RGB fan hub, I later purchased this. Today when I connected the hub to the node pro only one of the fans would light up, I am unsure of what to do. I have updated the software and that's not helping the problem.

I'm having a similar issue. I just recently bought 3x HD120 fans and a Corsair Node Pro Kit, Upon receiving the fans I realised that I didn't have the Corsair RGB fan hub, I later purchased this. Today when I connected the hub to the node pro only one of the fans would light up, I am unsure of what to do. I have updated the software and that's not helping the problem.

See the comment directly above your post. That is a really common issue. Also, the lighting circuit works in series so you must go 1-2-3 on the 6 port hub. No hopping around.

• 10 months later...
Okay, How does this work? I had the same problems has the guys above. Don't have that commander thing, I just have the hub that comes with the HD120 Fan set. I bought a 2 sets of 6. 4 are working two are not. Is there some way to reset the hub or something that will bring back all 6?

Try rearranging the fans on the hub. It's likely that one is bad.

The fans pass a single from one to the next to the next. SO one bad fan can stop the signal. Keep in mind that a single fan can light up (completely) but not pass the signal down.

Archived