Corsair Community

"Save to device memory" not working? Lights still go out after screen saver activates

altjx

Hey guys, ever since I saw the K95 Platinum get announced, I've been switching to all Corsair stuff. The problem that I'm having now though is that my Gaming Sabre RGB Mouse and its mouse pad are configured with certain colors in the Corsair Utility Engine, but when I go to lock my computer, they go all rainbow color and stuff.

How do I stop this from happening? At the moment, I have no other profiles in the Corsair Utility Engine other than one that I named "Default" and has the color combo that I like.

I've tried to hit the button next to the profile icon -> "Save Static Lighting and Performance to Device", but that doesn't mean anything. I lock the computer and it4 goes all rainbow again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Assuming this will happen when my K95 Platinum gets here next Friday too.

Is the mousepad a MM800 Polaris one? Because that device does not have any onboard memory so you can't save a static lighting profile on it. When CUE is not running (or the computer is locked) it will default back to a rainbow effect.

The Sabre RGB should work just fine however, I've been saving profiles to it since I got yet more than a year ago.

As for the K95 Platinum, you'll have to create a new Hardware profile from scratch (instead of a Software Profile) to be able to save it on the onboard memory. The onboard memory has some limitations compared to everything you can do with a software profile, once you choose that you can save the profile (with effects and all) but there will be some options hidden.

Is the mousepad a MM800 Polaris one? Because that device does not have any onboard memory so you can't save a static lighting profile on it. When CUE is not running (or the computer is locked) it will default back to a rainbow effect.

The Sabre RGB should work just fine however, I've been saving profiles to it since I got yet more than a year ago.

As for the K95 Platinum, you'll have to create a new Hardware profile from scratch (instead of a Software Profile) to be able to save it on the onboard memory. The onboard memory has some limitations compared to everything you can do with a software profile, once you choose that you can save the profile (with effects and all) but there will be some options hidden.

Yeah for some reason it's not doing it with the Sabre RGB mouse. If I understand this correctly, a profile is actually a profile for all of the Corsair devices you have, right? So I have just 1 profile, but the settings are applied to the mouse pad and the mouse and the mouse goes into different static colors (I think green and blue) when the computer screen is locked.

Yeah for some reason it's not doing it with the Sabre RGB mouse. If I understand this correctly, a profile is actually a profile for all of the Corsair devices you have, right? So I have just 1 profile, but the settings are applied to the mouse pad and the mouse and the mouse goes into different static colors (I think green and blue) when the computer screen is locked.

When you save a profile for a device on the onboard memory it saves it ONLY for that device, you have to repeat the save to device process for each device you have.

However I'm having a bit of difficulty in following what you're doing. Can you maybe export your profile and upload it here? I'll try to import it and see what exactly is going on if I can.

When you save a profile for a device on the onboard memory it saves it ONLY for that device, you have to repeat the save to device process for each device you have.

However I'm having a bit of difficulty in following what you're doing. Can you maybe export your profile and upload it here? I'll try to import it and see what exactly is going on if I can.

I've attached the file.

So basically since the mouse pad doesn't have memory from what I understand, I want to save my colors that are configured on my mouse to the mouse's memory. That way, when I lock the screen, the mouse stays the same colors as they are before the screen is locked.

In the Corsair Utility Engine, all I did was create a new profile called "Default", clicked on the mouse, configured the colors, clicked the button next to the profile -> Save to memory, and that was it. Locked computer and mouse goes back to blue/green colors instead of the static red that I have set for all zones.

altjx_corsair_profile.zip

Archived