Corsair Community

(Corsair Scimitar) Mouse Randomly Jumps to different Spot

Trinatek

I've had this Scimitar for about a week now and the entire time I've had to deal with two very annoying things consistently the entire time. Let me make clear that although this mouse is aimed at MMO's, I'm using it to play an arena FPS competitively. I'm a low sensitivity player and so I lift my mouse a lot.

1. The mouse will occasionally randomly snap into a completely different position. For me my in-game view always shoots straight up. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with me lifting my mouse because it'll happen even if my mouse is completely flush with the mouse-pad. What the hell?

2. Sometimes as I'm holding down my right click (it doesn't matter how firmly I'm pressing it) it'll release by itself. In the game that I play, you can hold the right click to keep a gun loaded and then release it once you're ready to shoot. Because the right click has occasionally released by itself, I've ended up shooting walls from point blank which results in a suicide.

Because of this mouse, I was given my first loss today in the ESL ladder I was participating in. Thanks a lot. :sigh!:

Could possibly be a faulty mouse.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware via CUE's force flash?

Have you tried a different tracking surface? Does it change anything?

After going through 3 Razer Nagas and having all of them eventually fail on me, I was hoping that by going with Corsair, this trend would finally stop - but yeah. It's feeling like it could be bad quality control and thus a defective mouse. And I'm participating in ESL tournaments and currently an open ladder too. So most likely if I contact Newegg about this, they wouldn't send me a replacement mouse until they received my faulty one. The turnaround on that would probably be close to two weeks. That's so aggravating.

Yes I've tried force reflashing the firmware on the mouse. Yes I've tried my old mousepad as well as this one (which was new with the mouse anyway). And I've tried both 500hz and 1000hz, I've played around with the DPI, and I've played around with the lift distance.

Here's the issue in action: [ame]

[/ame]

It's easier to see if you change the playback speed to 25% there (by clicking the settings icon and changing the speed). It happens at the 6 min 34 sec. My view randomly shoots upward as I swipe my mouse to the left. This all happens before I ever even lift my mouse off to reset. By the time I realize it's happened I quickly try to recover by swooping downwards as fast as I can. This is happening multiple times throughout a 10 minute match and has already caused me games.

There's a tournament coming up next weekend and I fear this mouse is gonna hurt my chances in it. Having to play with a mouse you can't trust is extremely maddening.

This issue NEVER happened with my Razer Naga.

You can put in a RMA with Corsair and request an advanced RMA.

An advanced RMA basically means Corsair will send you a replacement mouse first before you send yours back. This will require a valid credit card and can only be requested by calling customer service via Phone/Skype (Toll-free number).

Considering the mouse is also less than 30 days old, You might be able to get a pre-paid shipping label from Corsair as well.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

You can put in a RMA with Corsair and request an advanced RMA.

An advanced RMA basically means Corsair will send you a replacement mouse first before you send yours back. This will require a valid credit card and can only be requested by calling customer service via Phone/Skype (Toll-free number).

Considering the mouse is also less than 30 days old, You might be able to get a pre-paid shipping label from Corsair as well.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/

I guess I know all about RMAs. Went through 3 different RMAs with Razer. I was just hoping with the jump to Corsair, these issues were gonna be over.

Starting to feel like I'm gonna have to take that next leap into the Logitech world instead. And yeah, I'm a bit bitter.

Archived