Corsair Community

Corsair TX650 Boot Issues?

LitesX

Hi guys,

Recently put together a new build with the Corsair TX650 as the PSU. On power up of the system, the PC will not POST at all. The onboard fans CPU/Case fans all function. No signal is delivered to the monitor, whether from the onboard motherboard (Gigabyte Z77-D3H) output or the 7850 graphics card. I switched the power supply with an Antec 620W that I know to be working and the system booted and installed the operating system and all associated drivers etc with no issues. I also tried with a separate 700W Coolermaster PSU (GX750) and again the PC booted as normal. I switched the power supply back again to this Corsair 650W and once again, the PC completely failed to boot.

I have since returned this part to the manufacturer (scan) and received a brand new replacement. This has the exact same issue, I know the PC is working because with the other PSU's it boots as normal, but with this Corsair nothing appears on screen at all, no beeps from the mobo, however again all Fans etc are running.

Could somebody please help me with this situation? Is it a compatibility issue with the motherboard (Gigabyte Z77-D3H), or otherwise? I've always been a big fan of corsair (The Case/RAM are both corsair) but this is beginning to really frustrate!

Thanks!

Thanks, for reference the following is the complete spec of the PC:

• Intel Core i5 3570K

• Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

• 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance Blue, DDR3 PC3-14900(1866), Non-ECC Unbuffered, 9-10-9-27, XMP, 1.50V

• 650W Corsair Enthusiast Series 650TXV2UK

• 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200

• 1GB MSI Radeon HD 7850 OC 4800MHz GDDR5

• Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB 2.5" SSD

• Samsung SH-224BB/RSMS 24x DVD±R, 8x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, x12 RAM, SATA, Retail

• Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid Tower Gaming Performance Case with USB 3.0, w/o PSU

As you can see a lot of Corsair there (I'm a big fan), which is why this is particularly frustrating :(:

I have replicated this exact issue unfortunately with my new build.

First test was with CPU and Mobo alone. The board lights up, CPU fan spins up but quickly lowers RPM and flashes on and off. The z77 has a debug LED that starts it's normal cycle until it gets to 96 and immediately restarts the boot up cycle. 96 is a normal boot reference number to assigning PCI device resources according to the manual. Probably has nothing to do with it but thought I would include it.

I threw my trusty old Corsair VX550 from my last build in and it worked like a charm. Currently using the 550 and is stable. The system will not post or display anything on screen using the TX650.

A month on from the original report of the issue and still no solution. I have had to place my own power supply in place of this useless Corsair unit and send it to the owner. To say I am disappointed is an understatement, whereas Corsair used to the first company I would recommend I cannot in good faith do that any longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Problems start with the new TX650 V2 I bought after a long research. Accordingly with Corsair Calculator, I should buy a 500 watts PSU but I bought a 650 watts one.

After a couple of months, someday the monitor goes black (no video signal and no floating color bar test) but hard drives, DVD-ROM, CPU fan still running. Also the chipset heat dissipator was warm (I don't overclock). After a couple of long hours, the only way out was unplug the cord. At the new boot same issues. No video signal, no BIOS beeps, CPU fan runs, DVD-ROM leds on and works, hard drives runs but no BIOS screen, no POST, no OS loaded, nothing. The only way out: unplug the cord again and clear the CMOS, uninstall-reinstall CPU fan, hard drives, PCI card, RAM module. Imagine doing it one or two times a week for the last eight months and when worse, sometimes two or three times a day. Checked the mobo (Asus M3A78-EM) with every kind of internet founded-for-home-DIY tests. And the mobo passes. Today I run the PSU paper-clip test and the it passes. No more ideas.

Today I receive the RMA but if I do this, I should spend money to ship the PSU to USA (I live in Latin America and bought the PSU through Amazon) and after, will spend more money to ship the new PSU from USA to my country. And I will not be sure if the new PSU will be OK. Same issue if I apply for a non-complete Amazon refund.

So, can someone tell me which could be the problem or explain me a non-so-expensive solution?. Thanks so much in advance and my apologizes for my english :-)

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same issue and also purchased the TX650M from Scan.co.uk.

Has this been resolved yet as Im having trouble with an RMA through Scan who can't replicate the fault. At least Scan would like to know if its being investigated so they can process my RMA. Quite frustrating. Is it true that there are some compatibility issues with Gigabyte boards?

Jtilla, just use the link on the left and let Corsair replace it for you. They will just send you a new unit. No messing around with third party testing that can result in this sort of back and forth your facing now. Corsair would rather just replace the PSU than take the chance on the same scenario. Or you can keep dealing with SCAN if you want.

Oh, and NO, there is no compatibility issue with Gigabyte boards. Where are you getting your information?

Scan would like to know if its being investigated so they can process my RMA

Why can't SCAN pick up the phone and call Corsair? Why are they making the customer do the leg work?

Thanks. I've submitted an RMA request. I don't believe it myself and i believe its more to do with haswell boards anyway. I just read this post : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=119550&page=2

SCAN seem good with communication but not the end result. They are very reluctant to swap it as they can't replicate the fault their end. I've spent nearly £30 sending it back and forth to them.

I can get my system to work with everything but this particular PSU. Really strange

• 5 months later...

I have a issue with TX650v2 on and minePC (Gigabyte UD3H, I7 3737K, BFG8600gts(1 pciex 12v), 2x4Gb Corsair Vengence 1600c9.

After some issues when the monitor gave me the message (dvi power management) and turn off, turn on turn off again.... reintaled every driver again, but some time later, vídeo card simply do not turn on whem boot pc.

Put the vídeo card in other pc and it's ok.

Toke another Video card (GF8600gt that don't need pciex 12v) and it's working perfectly in this PC.

Is it tx650v2 issue?

Only ocours with UD3H???

Archived