Corsair Community

ST100 Can you use an inline mic as a microphone? like mobile devices

ComHealthJC

Hello,

So i know the st100 supports microphones using the 3.5mm jack. but can it serve as a dual headphone/microphone slot?

i use a normal pair of earphones with an inline mic and was wondering if the st100 supports this, so i can use my earphones while also using the inline mic to communicate in my games

i do have a normal headset, but i can be really bulky and not breathable sometimes...

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

It should work. Currently I use a competing brands headset, which has the split at the end of the cable for microphone and headphone. Plugged into the ST100 is only the 3.5mm headphone jack and not the mic jack but i am still able to use the mic on said headset. I would imagine this would do the same for your set with the inline microphone.

Do you already have the ST100 or is this something you need to know to make an informed decision on purchase?

I use it and love it, it adds more to your audio experience than you really could imagine (as long as you EQ it properly, which is easier said than done for some people)

Archived