The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > USB Flash Drives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Nyt3Stalk3r's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964666
Nyt3Stalk3r Reputation: 10
Angry Survivor Stealth 128 GB

I need help... I bough three of these drives from Amazon on tuesday and they showed up today. I was using them to back up some media and alot of photoshop files for game texture work. They initially came formatted in Ntfs which is fine.. full read/write for me! Eventually after 20gb of writing to the drives, I got several failures and I cleared all of them.. Ok not too worried yet... thjis happens at times when moving large amounts of data.. except.. now the drives are perma set to read only... this means I can't even format them... I have gone as far as doing regedits to allow read/writes to removable storage, removing write protection via CMD and Powershell... but it doesn't save any of these permission changes and basically tells me to ****** off when I try to write to the drives or format them... PLEASE HELP.. The drives still function as they show in windows explorer/disc management/device management and formatting tools I have downloaded far too many of. I don't want to deal with sending these back to Amazon... and I don't think Ineed to RMA yet

Old 07-26-2018, 05:57 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Rick's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965727
Corsair Rick Reputation: 10

Hello Nyt3Stalk3r,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the drives. Have you tried them on a separate PC? I'd suggest contacting our Technical Support team through a ticket at support.corsair.com. They may have more ideas!