Corsair Community

New Scimitar Pro not detected

coneydub

Hi guys, I have some serious issues going on that I really need help with. I tried resolving this stuff with Razer support, but it never got anywhere. We would just repeat steps from the last time I contacted them and at the end they would say "I'll re-endorse your case to our dev team" and it never went anywhere from there; I never even got a response from their dev team in more than 10 contacts over a year long period.

Regardless, they lost a customer. However, it appears the problem wasn't with synapse software like I thought, because when I plugged in this new Corsair Scimitar Pro, CUE won't recognize it so I can't reprogram the buttons and use macros.

A little background: My razer naga epic had a long standing issue where the side buttons S1-S12 wouldn't reprogram, but the M2 (right), M4 (back), M5 (forward), Scroll up and Scroll down would reassign and macro, however M3 (middle mouse click) wouldn't even work at all.

The S1-12 buttons would issue their NUM equivalent even when switched to 123 mode. I know this because in 123 S11 and S12 are supposed to be - and = respectively; however, they print - and + when pressed.

All of this is a long complex way of saying: I think something is severely wrong with my PC. I haven't the foggiest what, but I think there's something genuinely wrong that is affecting the way it reads and interacts with mouse and keyboard commands. Please help

• Corsair Employee
Have you tried entering your BIOS and disabling the "Fast Boot" setting? We've found this causes a number of different detection issues as it doesn't initialize the USB ports properly when entering Windows. Try that out and see if it corrects the issue.

Thank you for your reply. While fast boot was enabled, disabling it and restarting has not detected the mouse. It still says no device connected and has the "Device" and "Profile" tabs greyed out. I also saw something about USB initialization needing to be on full so I changed that and no improvement

Archived