Corsair Community

K95, but with the small japanese spacebar or layout

SquarelyCircle

Corsair K95 is the keyboard I've got my eye one, but one thing I've always wanted is a keyboard with a smaller spacebar and additional programmable keys in that space.

The Japanese keyboard naturally has this layout, but is (obviously) not sold on Amazon in America. Here's the Japanese one for reference.

81JYaSqpTyL._SL1500_.jpg

While I have found an American keyboard that has such a layout, the keyboard itself isn't very good, and if I have to choose, I'll go for quality over the perfect layout, as sad as that makes me.

Is there any way that I can get the japanese K95 RGB platinum MX Brown (or at least one with that small spacebar) without paying hundreds of dollars extra? I'm already breaking the bank just to get the K95, so I don't want to be paying the 250 bucks it costs to buy from Japan, or what I'm assuming would be insane shipping prices.

Advice or help, anyone?

Amazon Japan sells it. But it's about $50 USD more than the MSRP in the US: https://www.amazon.co.jp/Corsair-PLATINUM-Brown-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9F%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-CH-9127012-JP/dp/B06XHW77C7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535375246&sr=8-1

I've personally never bought anything from Amazon Japan. But I know a couple of people who have. They said Amazon Japan ships to multiple countries, including the US. And they didn't have to pay much for international shipping to the US.

Here's a guide on how to switch Amazon Japan to native English, and how to order to the US: http://halcyonrealms.com/japan/how-to-order-from-amazon-japan-a-detailed-buying-guide/

• Corsair Employee
If I were to buy the japanese keyboard, is there any easy way to bind what all the keys do, or would I have to use autohotkey or something?

(Cause I don't really want to type in japanese, I just like the layout)

If you were able to obtain that specific keyboard, all you need to do is set the layout to Japan in iCUE under settings. Once you do that, all the extra keys will show up, and you will be able to change colors and add actions.

Archived