Corsair Community

Corsair Version of Lian Li Strimer ?

Dicehunter

I am 99.9% sure you could just plug it into your Lighting Node Pro with some jumpers, and set the channel to HD Fan (for 12 LED control) and it will work fine. There is nothing special about the LEDs used in all of these setups. You can even use off the shelf addressable LED strips if you wanted to.

• 2 months later...

Lian Li strimer works fine if u plug it into the nodepro... u only have to remove the original Lian Li jst conector and replace it with some normal jumpers or an orignal plug from a old corsair led! after that u can controll the Lian Li strimer like a normal LED strip inside of icue!

sorry to bring this up again.. but to be honest corsair could beat all other companies if they would take more care about compatibility with other led products! icue is by far the best led software on the market!!!

they should also make rgb ram and motherboards work with icue...

also im wondering why corsair dont add a AMBILIGHT light effect to the node pro inside of icue... asus rog terminal and nzxt all have it as a extra hardware they even have adapters to combine the products... corsair could easily add the same features iniside of icue and beat the other companies. users will notice this kind of stuff!

since all ws2812B led all just have 3 cables, 5v, Data, and +!

im pretty sure microsoft windows will come up with a universal led solution very soon... its no magic...

Edited by drcmclow

btw just if somebody is interessted...

because the lian li version looks ugly because of the thin cable there are ways to make them look nicer :D

there are two versions wich are "in my opinion" nicer then lian lis version!

both versions are made of custom sleeved cables... clear thick sleeves with clear inside cables...... and a white transparent atx connector...

first version are clear sleeved cables with some led strips below...

https://www.facebook.com/OreionCustomsCable/videos/852377964934798/

second version are clear sleeved cables with some lian li strimer rgb led cables between...

https://www.facebook.com/OreionCustomsCable/videos/565771587189456/

i personally like the first version with the strip the best! its the cheapest AND it glows in the direction of the cables not like lian li upside down...

in my option corsair should release a aio with some real rgb tubes :D the black tubes look boring...

also they should release a qi mouse pad with rgb...

and last the should release a split keyboard with underglow

i have a tons of ideas if u need help corsair pls contact me :D:D

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Since i wasn't the savvy type myself to figure out the pin out of the Strimer, and create my own jumper, I decided to work with a vendor who specializes in making corsair adapters. He just finished creating this cable today which will connect your Strimer's JST connector to corsair RGB connector. He even ordered a Lian Li Strimer just to test out the pin out and ensured it would be compatible with the commander pro or LNP.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-JST-Addressable-RGB-Adapter/372528239557?hash=item56bc69d3c5:g:4MEAAOSwcapcCzau

• 2 months later...
Lian Li strimer works fine if u plug it into the nodepro... u only have to remove the original Lian Li jst conector and replace it with some normal jumpers or an orignal plug from a old corsair led! after that u can controll the Lian Li strimer like a normal LED strip inside of icue!

sorry to bring this up again.. but to be honest corsair could beat all other companies if they would take more care about compatibility with other led products! icue is by far the best led software on the market!!!

they should also make rgb ram and motherboards work with icue...

also im wondering why corsair dont add a AMBILIGHT light effect to the node pro inside of icue... asus rog terminal and nzxt all have it as a extra hardware they even have adapters to combine the products... corsair could easily add the same features iniside of icue and beat the other companies. users will notice this kind of stuff!

since all ws2812B led all just have 3 cables, 5v, Data, and +!

im pretty sure microsoft windows will come up with a universal led solution very soon... its no magic...

I want to experiment with this but what are the odds if I got the connectors wrong?Any risks?

I have a spare Node pro which I can use for the LL Strimer aside the one I already use for channel 1 4 x ML140 and channel 2 4 RGB strip. Only downside is that I'll have to set-up different sequences for both Node Pro's correct?

I want to experiment with this but what are the odds if I got the connectors wrong?Any risks?

I have a spare Node pro which I can use for the LL Strimer aside the one I already use for channel 1 4 x ML140 and channel 2 4 RGB strip. Only downside is that I'll have to set-up different sequences for both Node Pro's correct?

The Strimer can be configured as an HD-RGB fan.

The biggest risk is reversing the polarity on the connector (switching Pin 1 and Pin 3). This could blow out your channel, the strimer, or both.

Part numbers are listed in the link in my signature if you want to make your own. Or, as another user mentioned, you can purchase an adapter at https://www.ebay.com/itm/372551535271.

• Confused 1

It is easy - pin 1 is +5V. This is marked on the connector, and the wire has a white stripe.

Now, the challenge with putting the Corsair headers on the Strimer is that the Strimer's connector splices two cables on the crimp. This works well and is relatively easy to do with the JST-SM connector. However, those cables are too thick to do this easily or even reliably with the Molex SL series connectors that Corsair users as they are thinner. If you want to remove the splice (that connects another cable like for a GPU bracket), then it'll work out. Outside of that, you are better off with an adapter rather than swapping the cable on the Strimer.

It is easy - pin 1 is +5V. This is marked on the connector, and the wire has a white stripe.

Now, the challenge with putting the Corsair headers on the Strimer is that the Strimer's connector splices two cables on the crimp. This works well and is relatively easy to do with the JST-SM connector. However, those cables are too thick to do this easily or even reliably with the Molex SL series connectors that Corsair users as they are thinner. If you want to remove the splice (that connects another cable like for a GPU bracket), then it'll work out. Outside of that, you are better off with an adapter rather than swapping the cable on the Strimer.

Yeah, I figured out a 10 USD cable is worthy to buy, but shipment to Vietnam is 25 USD. Guess I’ll have to use Grabr to get them here.

Funny thing is that no one here is selling this solution. Maybe I should buy bulk and resell to the local mod clubs ;)

Yeah, I figured out a 10 USD cable is worthy to buy, but shipment to Vietnam is 25 USD. Guess I’ll have to use Grabr to get them here.

Funny thing is that no one here is selling this solution. Maybe I should buy bulk and resell to the local mod clubs ;)

Hmmm ... Grabr looks interesting. Never heard of that before, personally. And yeah, international shipping is insanely expensive.

• 11 months later...
Hmmm ... Grabr looks interesting. Never heard of that before, personally. And yeah, international shipping is insanely expensive.

Without wanting to go off on a tangent and distract from the OP's question - the topic of International Shipping is a source of great frustration to me, living in Australia. In my experience the availability and cost of shipping varies hugely and I don't really understand why. I buy quite a number of things online from e-tailers and overseas bricks and mortar retailers. Sometimes it turns out to be genuinely cheaper to buy this way than buying locally, which makes no sense.

In a recent example with my current PC build, on one Sunday evening (my time) I placed an order for some EK fittings from a local bricks and mortar retailer 20 kms down the road from me in Australia. I also placed an order directly with EK in Slovenia (a beautiful country for those who haven't visited - I urge you to do so!) for a couple of other fittings my local store didn't carry. Shipping cost for both orders was almost exactly the same. The EK order (which travelled via DHL from Slovenia, to Germany, to the UK and then to Australia with perfect up to the minute tracking) arrived on the following Friday. The local order (whose tracking info never updated until after delivery) didn't arrive until the middle of the following week. Granted this is more of a problem with my local supplier than international, but the point is it shows that international shipping can be done and can be done very affordably. I pointed this problem out to my local store who were predictably dismissive.

I also order swimming pool test chemicals from a bricks and mortar pool store in Arizona because they aren't available in Australia. This stuff is also delivered promptly and cheaply usually via DHL.

By contrast I just tried to order a tube measuring kit from Alphacool (using their allegedly Australian site), but I abandoned the order when I noticed that their DHL shipping cost (from Germany I assume) was twice the cost of the product.

I had a similar experience trying to buy a BBQ thermometer from a US store who thought that charging me $USD90 to ship a $US42 product was not unreasonable.

Corsair themselves also don't ship to Australia.

So I feel for the OP trying to get product delivered to Vietnam which must be even more challenging.

It just seems to me that in today's inter-connected day and age international shipping shouldn't be the inconsistent mess it seems to be.

OK, Back to the OP's thread ......

Edited by Salsiccia
typo