Corsair Community

250D Case Radiators Compatibility

Roan Kivimae

Hello,

So I am looking toward water cooling. For reasons I cannot change or mod my case (250d Corsair case). So I need to make a custom water cooling loop, or get a pre-sealed loop. But I cannot find how much room between my motherboard and ,the wall with mini-aitx board.

So If you could give me a length I would be very thankful. Also would the H100i GTX work?

• 6 months later...

Hello, is it possible to use 250D case with ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING motherboard with H100i GTX and Radeon Fury X (it was complicated to fit AIR 240 case with two Fury X but it was done)?

I will try to use the front panel to install Fury X radiator and the side panel to fix H100i GTX and i believe that it will be okay to use the front for Fury X radiator but i'am not sure about H100i on the side of the 250D.

No chance :[pouts:

Asus Z170I PRO GAMING/CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 250D/Radeon Fury X I can't install H100i GTX :[pouts:

At the end Corsair H80i GT on front panel but with the one fan only, and Fury X radiator with fan on the right/right side (pipes on the left side of the Fury X radiator). And probably I have to make few holes for the air on the front panel of the case.

• Corsair Employee
No chance :[pouts:

Asus Z170I PRO GAMING/CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 250D/Radeon Fury X I can't install H100i GTX :[pouts:

At the end Corsair H80i GT on front panel but with the one fan only, and Fury X radiator with fan on the right/right side (pipes on the left side of the Fury X radiator). And probably I have to make few holes for the air on the front panel of the case.

Can you explain what happened, where you had the clearance issue? Because you should be able to install the H100i GTX in the side and the Fury X rad in the front and call it a day.

Can you explain what happened, where you had the clearance issue? Because you should be able to install the H100i GTX in the side and the Fury X rad in the front and call it a day.

The only issue I can possibly imagine is that the OP found clearance issues with the rad pipes and the optical tray.

Although a H80 was mentioned, which is incredibly thick compared to the H100i GTX and it might have been too thick?

It's not possible to install H100i GTX in this case with Asus Z170i PRO GAMING and Radeon Fury X with stock fans, but will be possible if someone come with low-profile fans, but anyway it will be a problem with Fury X radiator.

I install Fury X radiator on the right side of the case but it's pipes are really close to DIMM modules and it will be not possible to use RAM with high profile radiator.

IMG_9754.thumb.jpeg.18cccc1e3ca8a04d39aa6cab4638fa88.jpeg

The final configuration of the system (on the photo in my previous post) is:

1. Corsair 250D;

2. Corsair H80iGT on the front (with rear fan only to take air from outside, but it's possible to setup H80iGT with two low-profile fans like Scythe Kaze-Jyuni Slim - 120x120x12);

3. Asus Z170i PRO GAMING;

4. Intel Core i7 6700K;

5. Kingston DDR4 HyperX Savage (2x8Gb 3000Mhz);

6. Samsung M.2 950 PRO 512Gb (also tried with M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 480G but two problems - it too thick and the special screw to set it up on Asus motherboard is too short and maybe it will be a problem anyway with a longer screw) + Samsung SATA 850 PRO 1Tb;

7. Sapphire Radeon Fury X (with stock fan (taking air from the case to outside) but it will be possible to replace the stock fan on more quied 120x120x25 Noctua for sample or slim like Scythe);

8. 2x80mm Noctua case fan (not needed in any scenarios because the system stays cool anyway only really little heat you can feel from Radeon's radiator, I just added it because in a summer the ambient temperature can be up to 35 celsius and I don't like always to use the air conditioner);

9. Corsair AX760.

And 4K gaming))

I'm using a different motherboard, an Asus Maximus VIII Impact, but have seen the same thing everywhere: The H100i GTX that I already have won't fit because of the 3mm thicker radiator compared to the non-GTX version.

It only took about 90 seconds to get it to fit!

I removed the lower mounting bracket from the left side of the case, which allowed the lower side of the radiator to rest against the motherboard base plate in the case. I took out both bottom fan screws on the rear fan, and the bottom left screw on the forward fan to buy even a little more space and to avoid having metal screw heads that close to anything on the MB. The radiator is mounted with 4 screws on the upper side like normal.

It's such a minor mod that the side panel even fits without issue.

Now getting the Asus Strix GTX 980 Ti installed into the case was a bit more involved. :-)

And yes, the cables are a rat's nest, but that's fluff work for later.

-Doc

• 1 year later...

I recently built a new system in my 250D case using the ASUS Z170I pro gaming, and H100i (The old one) and even with that I had clearance issues. The 8pin cpu header interfered with the the fan closest to the rear of the case on the rad. So I had to cut the fanshroud to make it fit.

But all aside, the little mod I had to do to the fanshroud it's worth it, you can't really see it if you doesn't know it's there.

Hello,

So I am looking toward water cooling. For reasons I cannot change or mod my case (250d Corsair case). So I need to make a custom water cooling loop, or get a pre-sealed loop. But I cannot find how much room between my motherboard and ,the wall with mini-aitx board.

So If you could give me a length I would be very thankful. Also would the H100i GTX work?

I am using a Kraken X52 with my Asus board in the 250D and I love it so far. It will fit but it will be very snug so if you're okay with the fans touching the capacitor setup on that board I definitely recommend it. Witcher 3 Ultra maxes out at 45c on my 4690k with the pump on silent and fans on performance profile presets.

Edit: Remember to set your CPU fan header speed to 100% in the BIOS so the pump receives necessary power. Everything else can be done through the CAM software as the radiator fans connect directly to the water block.

Archived