Corsair Community

HS1A's Mic suddenly stopped working

Skull

Hi although very happy with my HS1A headset for gaming music and movies I have encountered a problem with the mic I have used the headset for over 3 months now and it was running flawlessly until today when I went to use the mic on ventrilo and all I am getting back from my friends is that they cant hear me all they are getting is static.

So considering it took me a while to set the headset up perfectly and was working fine just a couple of hours before this happened I cant see where the problem lies but with the mic itself. I haven't changed any settings at all since it has been working fine, also when I go into configure the mic under recording devices it is not picking up any sound when I speak into the mic.

Is it time to RMA if so this is very disappointing as I thought Corsair was onto a winner with this headset as it was perfect for BF3.

I am plugging it into my Creative soundblaster fatal1ty champion series soundcard. When testing in ventrilo all I am getting back is static also.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

I have tested the headset on another computer and the mic is still not working also the left speaker is now dropping in and ouut only coming back on when I adjust the cable running from the left headphone I am sure that it is time to RMA this headset.

• 2 weeks later...
Not to hijack the thread but I had the exact same problem. I checked it on two different PCs using two different chat programs. Tried a basic "sound recorder" bit to test it, nothing. Checked volumes, levels, mute options, etc...every setting was still the same. Friends said it was a really loud static that would come through. I busted out my old head set, they could hear me fine, with the same settings. Submitted an RMA on the website.. wasn't sure how it'd work since mine are the old "CA-HS1NA Gaming Audio Series". Do mine get repaired even though they are older? Still within my warranty time frame though.

Archived