Corsair Community

The 600t and new fans

tsomeone

I'm planning a new build, around the 600t. While I like the looks and cable management options of the case (my main reason for choosing it over others) I'm somewhat concerned about the airflow in the case and a few reviews have also made mention of it, so I am considering replacing the stock fans (the 2x 200mm and the 120mm) with Bitfenix Spectre Pros in the same sizes. Ultimately what I would like to know is will these fans fit? I only ask as I have been unable to find any information on the dimensions of the stock fans.

They fit perfect. I have one in the front of my case. People have no clue what there talkin about I have an se 600t with h60 exhaust rear, stock fan top, and spectre pro at front. Im running tri sli 470s and my hottest card is 80° at 80% fan (which is great for a 470, let alone in tri sli). Im only using the side window to if I put the mesh and some 120s temps would be even better.

The 200mm front fan and top fan in 600T are 200x200x20.

But you can put 200mm front fan like 200x200x25 or 200x200x30.

But to put these type of 120mm fan you have to move the 2 HDD drive bay and keep just one next to your power supply.

To put a 200x200x25 fan on the top, you have to do an adjustement.

But, Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fan are good for 600T. Becarefull on the dimension of Bitfenix Spectre fan because i think there are 200x200x20mm, and 200x200x25mm and 200x200x30mm.

Also, you have Xigmatech 200mm Fans who are excellent.

For informations, the dimensions of Corsair 200mm fan are 200x200x20mm.

:)

My general plan is to replace the stock 200mm front intake with a spectre pro 200mm (approx 150cfm), replace the top exhaust with a 200mm spectre pro, replace the rear 120mm exhaust with a 120mm spectre pro and flip it around using it as an intake (approx 60cfm). I will use the PSU as a second exhaust (Corsair tx850) which should work as an exhaust for the graphics card. If it all works the case should be balanced or slightly negative pressured

As the graphic card(s) are the warmest component in the case would keep the rear as an exhaust. Remove the expansion slots and the gpu will draw fresh air from outside the case. The PSU's fan is designed to cool the psu...it won't increase rpm unless you are really drawing power...unlikely with an 850's power to spare.

You want the PSU upside down? Because it's supposed to be fan down and excluded from the inner airflow of the case itself.

I have HD 7970 nad I7 2600K in this case with H100 on top and I left the 200mm on the front but disabled the rear fan. H100 has two GT AP-15 attached.

The card goes up to 84 degrees on OCCT PSU test.

Don't mix the PSU into it, it will do more harm than good - the GPU will have increased resistance because the PSU will be sucking air in opposite direction to it's fan(s).

Plus pumping hot air from GPU through PSU will reduce it's life span by increasing the ambient temp it's operating in.

I didnt move my drive bays down I took the top one out as im not using that many hard drives and the spectre pro fits between the lower one and the front of my case. Its tight, but it fits. Like I said tri sli 470s and have good temps (for 470s). No ones gonna have a problem with AMD cards. They run cool.

Archived