Corsair Community

Sounds Like Hard Drive Clicking

johnmsch

My latest build is with a Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout Edition case. I really like the looks of the case and how quiet it is even with the stock fans.

I've been noticing an intermittent clicking noise that sounds like what you would hear from a hard drive. Seems to happen in the same pattern as it would if I had any hard drives in the case. This is strictly an SSD build. Its pretty faint, but I'm really wondering where that's coming from. Thought I'd start asking in this forum, mainly to see if anyone else with this case is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

Do you have a water cooler in it? It would be nice if Corsair had a section in the PC Specs to list what sort of cpu cooler is fitted. Funny, there's a space for usb drives but not for cpu coolers, a core part of Corsairs business and also a sizeable source of the questions/problems on these forums.

My latest build is with a Corsair Carbide 330R Blackout Edition case. I really like the looks of the case and how quiet it is even with the stock fans.

I've been noticing an intermittent clicking noise that sounds like what you would hear from a hard drive. Seems to happen in the same pattern as it would if I had any hard drives in the case. This is strictly an SSD build. Its pretty faint, but I'm really wondering where that's coming from. Thought I'd start asking in this forum, mainly to see if anyone else with this case is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

Might be a fan that's failing. I would open up the case, listen to each fan and stop each one individually and listen for the click.

Yep, it was a fan. Very surprised that a Corsair fan would start failing within a couple weeks after purchase. I ended up replacing both fans with Noctuas and adding a couple more. Can't believe how quiet this case is now.

Archived