Corsair Community

Will CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 will work with same but single channel?

leinad149

• Corsair Employee
Mmmm I think you didnt get my point...but lets clear this...I have 2 modules of 2gb each one, running 1600mhz by default, and I want to add this single module of 4gb at 1600mhz for default either...Would it work???

We did understand you and already answered you:

If you already have the memory, then there is no harm in trying. But, as noted it is certainly not a tested or suggested configuration.

But to add a Little more to what has been said, we do not support or suggest mixing memory, now that does not mean it cannot be done its just to hard to say with out testing every possible combination which would equate to a module that would cost you 3-6 times what you paid for the modules you have now and most people are not willing to pay a premium just so they can add more memory later.

The only way to know is try it but as we stated we cannot support it; sorry!

If you have not purchased the module we would suggest you DO NOT and purchase a set that is the density you want to have installed and find another use for these modules

• Corsair Employee

Mixing memory is a crap shoot and there is no way we can answer that, 60-80% of the time you will find that two modules or two different sets of modules can work together but some bios tweaking is needed.

Out of the package plugging them in about 80-90% will not post or error on post with out doing some tweaks. 50-70% just will not work together no matter what you do.

In short as we stated mixing memory is not suggested or supported its time consuming and sometimes hard to make it work for someone who is knowledgeable. For someone who does not do this for a living or the 1-2 two system upgrade a year type of person it can be devastatingly challenging and I would not suggest it. Even for someone who is Technically advanced it can be challenging.

...But I dont care when I get it Im gonna try used 3 stick at same time
Great :D: Let's talk again AFTER you try it then.

FYI, you might want to do some reading on your CPU and your MOBO. 3 modules is NOT a supported configuration. Again, it may work, it may not. The ONLY way to know is to test it.

Archived