Corsair Community

Keyboard keeps disconnecting

Lightmare

Hey guys, since yesterday my keyboard keeps disconnecting every like 10-60 seconds which makes playing games impossible and is really enoying even when I don't use it so much since you hear the windows usb disconnected/connected sound all the time.

I reinstalled CUE but that didn't fix it for me, since I'm not very good at fixing hardware problems I thought I'd ask you for some advice on how the issue could be fixed.

Thanks in advance :)

Thank you for the fast reply.

The reset did work and everything happened the way you described it but sadly the issue still persists and the keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few seconds.

I did try plugging it into another USB slot but this didn't help either, it's only the keyboard that has issues.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having the same issue. I have K95 which keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes or so. I also have Corsair Void head set which does not disconnect.

I am using the latest drivers for iCUE and the keyboard.

COINCIDENTALLY, like the above I just upgraded from a GTX 980ti to an RTX 2080 Super..

I am also having the same issue. I have K95 which keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 minutes or so. I also have Corsair Void head set which does not disconnect.

I am using the latest drivers for iCUE and the keyboard.

COINCIDENTALLY, like the above I just upgraded from a GTX 980ti to an RTX 2080 Super..

Uninstall the latest version of iCUE and install the previous one found at http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.27.68_release.msi

The latest update broke my K95 too

• 3 months later...
I am having the same issue. Its only started happening since I updated my graphics card from GTX980 to RTX 2080 super but I can' see how that would be related.

My keyboard is K90.

That's really weird, I've also ASUS DUAL RTX 2080 Super 8GB Evo and I'm having the same issue. I've just updated to the latest iCUE and I still have the same problem.

I've only recently had this problem occur and it's been working fine with the 2080S anyway so not sure if they're directly related.

Can I ask, have you resolved your problem and if so, how?

Cheers.

Hi all,

I started having the same issue within the last 2 days with my K70 RGB keyboard. At first my keyboard disconnected and reconnected a couple of times while gaming, however today when I turned on my pc the keyboard worked for a moment and then disconnected entirely, not even powering the backlights.

Device manager reported it as an ‘unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed)’.

I’ve tried updating icue (which did update to the latest version), reinstalling the drivers, chkdsk, sfc scan, registry repair, uninstalling icue and finally plugging in only the USB head with the keyboard logo on it (not the one that seems to be for Corsair link) and I’ve now managed to get the keyboard to stay connected without the RGB effects. I couldn’t pinpoint for sure which solution worked but it seems likely uninstalling icue and unplugging the Corsair link USB then restarting was the trick.

On the note of Nvidia GPU upgrades, I’m running a rx 5700 xt, and have made no manual changes (I say manual since I think there was a windows update the other day) to my hardware or software for at least over a month now. (Edit: I may have updated icue a week or two ago)

Hope this helps, and that a solution is found soon!

Edited by Kapper_s
Recalled information regarding recent software changes

Hi all,

I started having the same issue within the last 2 days with my K70 RGB keyboard. At first my keyboard disconnected and reconnected a couple of times while gaming, however today when I turned on my pc the keyboard worked for a moment and then disconnected entirely, not even powering the backlights.

Device manager reported it as an ‘unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed)’.

I’ve tried updating icue (which did update to the latest version), reinstalling the drivers, chkdsk, sfc scan, registry repair, uninstalling icue and finally plugging in only the USB head with the keyboard logo on it (not the one that seems to be for Corsair link) and I’ve now managed to get the keyboard to stay connected without the RGB effects. I couldn’t pinpoint for sure which solution worked but it seems likely uninstalling icue and unplugging the Corsair link USB then restarting was the trick.

On the note of Nvidia GPU upgrades, I’m running a rx 5700 xt, and have made no manual changes (I say manual since I think there was a windows update the other day) to my hardware or software for at least over a month now. (Edit: I may have updated icue a week or two ago)

Hope this helps, and that a solution is found soon!

After plugging back in both USBs and reinstalling icue, all seems to be good :) Have done a couple of restarts without any issues so far.