Corsair Community

New Corsair SSD's Coming Out ?

Dicehunter

Went to buy another 480GB Neutron GTX for Raid-0 and It's nigh impossible to find them anymore, So many places are not selling them anymore.

Is this a sign that Corsair are about to release new SSD's or is the factory just being a bit slow :p:

just curious

but what kind of temps are you getting pushing a 4790 to 4.8 on a h100i?

surely not a 24/7 clocking...

just curious

but what kind of temps are you getting pushing a 4790 to 4.8 on a h100i?

surely not a 24/7 clocking...

Yep 24/7, Remember the 4790K has improved TIM and circuitry compared to the 4770K which I had a 4.50GHZ 24/7 clock on with 1.26v :)

A work mate of mine has his 4790K clocked to 4.90GHZ stable at 1.30volts, He got a golden chip, Lucky git.

Idle is around 30'c - 40'c depending if the heating is on :D:, Getting lower now as winter approaches and load the highest I've seen is 70'c in stress tests etc... but in games it rarely goes over 50'c.

Also have to remember Intels spec sheets says anything up to 1.45v is fine on air and water with the 4770K and 4790K and other Haswells, Although I would never go over 1.35 personally, Anything after 1.45 requires LN2 which is a rich mans game :p:

It's not that unusual of an overclock to have with the new 4790K's to be honest especially if you win the silicon lottery.

Although I might drop it down to 4.60GHZ for 24/7 use to lower temps a tiny bit more as I haven't seen much of a difference if any at all between 4.60 and 4.80.

Archived