Corsair Community

Compatibility issues with SOYO SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 & TWINX1024-3200C2PT memory?

mausolus

I just installed a SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 motherboard with Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT memory and on initial boot, everything works except there's absolutely no video. I checked SOYO's website and this memory isn't listed on their compatibility chart, so that's why I'm asking here if there is some issue. I also went through their troubleshooting and tried everything except putting in different memory, as I don't have any to put in. I know the video card and monitor work, because I put them back into my old pc and tried them. The video card is an ATI Radeon 8500, which shoud work fine with this motherboard. I'm going to e-mail SOYO, but thought I'd try here as well. Help!

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, If you think its the memory you can test it in another MB and you can use [URL=http://www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/URL] to test it or Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmicro.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

• 2 months later...
I feel your pain!!! I just purchased the Soyo SY-P4i865PE Plus Dragon 2, and am using TWINX512-3200C2PT. I can boot fine, POST ok, but I can't install Windows XP, I get stop errors, bad pool callers, blue screens, the worx. I even ordered a replacement board thinking the first was damaged, but I got the same problem. When I got ahold of tech support they told me that the version 1.2 DDR was new, and SOYO hadn't received the specs from Corsair yet to update the BIOS. They gave me Corsair's px number, but they haven't returned my calls. If you ask me I think it's crap. Oh BTW have you tried to enable IDE + SATA? I use IDE cd-drives, but have an SATA HD. The computer will try to boot only from the IDE drives, but that's it. It acts like my SATA drive isn't even there. These boards trully suck, and I won't buy from SOYO again. I just ordered a new Intel board, and hope I have better luck. In the mean time SOYO told me that I need to find out the correct voltage and timing settings for the new version. I've tried it all and nothing makes it any better. Guess I'll try memtest to see if that helps. Oh well. Good luck, and could you let me know if you find any thing out? Thanx, SoyoSux

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry that you are having trouble with our memory. But I would try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X Volts and please run [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] to make sure there is no problem with the memory. Or as suggested above/bellow, please test the memory on another MB that may help to identify the problem. Ram Guy

Archived