Corsair Community

Keyboard Heat Map

Profile: Keyboard Heat Map

This profile is a simple keyboard heat map. The more you press a key, the redder it turns. Over time, it loses redness, then turns back to blue.

I'll update this profile in the future, once Corsair's software becomes more versatile and lets me make this profile the way I want it to work.

http://i.imgur.com/1PIaQcy.jpg

Heat Map K65.prf

Heat Map K70.prf

Heat Map K95.prf

add the not colored keys to the "all" group and copy past from a colored key (colored key right click -> copy -> not colored key right click -> paste. Also set the color to blue and you should be good to go.

just fyi: the copy/paste is copying the head signature effect. adding the keys to the "all" group is for the scanning effect that's looping over the whole keyboard and finaly you need to color the keys blue.

I hope i was able to explain it well enough for you :)

good luck and report back if you need more help.

Well, as you see some of the keys don't light ut ... So I tried to assign the blue color , but it doesn't work ... :/

http://gyazo.com/87bdee1e6510ba1e077bfe1ae306fcf4

Ahh you have a different layout than my K70.

You'll have to select the unlit keys then assign a new color RGB:(0, 85, 255) to them. After that, select those keys and assign the lighting effect "Heat Signature" to them. Finally, select those keys and add them to the group "All."

Ahh you have a different layout than my K70.

You'll have to select the unlit keys then assign a new color RGB:(0, 85, 255) to them. After that, select those keys and assign the lighting effect "Heat Signature" to them. Finally, select those keys and add them to the group "All."

Thanks for the help :)

Do you experience any other lighting profiles freezing?

Signature Plastics.

I experienced this when I downloaded the Heatmap profile but it is only because the duration is set too high, I lowered it by half and it was much better.

Yeah, but no need to respond that way. I asked where he got HIS keycaps, we have a non-standard bottom row too. :evil:

I only answered that way because of the weird rules on these forums and the whole teach a man to fish thing.

I don't hold hands, whoopdy doo.

Corsair doesn't really compete in the keycap market, so discussion of keycaps is alright.

Tell that to techno beard who deleted posts in my thread over people asking me about the keycaps that I made. Because of some perceived "profit" that I'd be making even though neither person will actually purchase anything from me (because I'm not selling anything).

Or maybe it is just that "people" always single me out and harass me, I don't know, either way: I don't care anymore stop derailing the thread.

• Administrators
Corsair doesn't really compete in the keycap market, so discussion of keycaps is alright.
There's nothing against the rules about talking about 3rd party key caps. We don't sell individual keys. Feel free to link to them.

Tell that to techno beard who deleted posts in my thread over people asking me about the keycaps that I made. Because of some perceived "profit" that I'd be making even though neither person will actually purchase anything from me (because I'm not selling anything).
There IS a rule that prohibits buying / selling / trading anything on the forum. In a post someone offered you money to craft something for them which is why it and the related post (namely your response) weree deleted. It's not personal.

I experienced this when I downloaded the Heatmap profile but it is only because the duration is set too high, I lowered it by half and it was much better.

hey guys, no no other profiles freezing Reaperxxx

Karoushi, where did you go to lower the duration of the red portion of heat map? I only found the wave option timing to lower.

Edit: Okay sorry, the first ime I highlighted all the keys and chose edit lighting it only showed me the option for the wave lighting on the keyboard but I re-highlighted right after posting this and this time it gave me the option to edit the gradient. Guys this is an AWESOME profile for when you're typing and the default for this is set to something like 300 seconds which is why it seems to not change at all, I have mine set to 60 seconds now and it looks pretty cool.

Archived