Corsair Community

Survivor 3.0 Code 10 on one (Windows 7) machine only

pokepoke

Hi, I have read a number of threads here about bricked USB sticks--that is not my case. I have two Windows 7 machines, side by side. On the laptop, the USB drive (Stealth Survivor 3.0 64 GB) behaves as expected; on the desktop, it appears in the list of Disk drives under device manager, but it doesn't work. Famous yellow !, device status: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Both machines run Windows 7 SP1 and are current with updates.

I have used the sdformatter to reformat the USB drive, and have also updated the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, to no avail.

Anyone else been able to solve this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Just an update: I have tried removing all USB controllers, and also checked that the BIOS was current. No luck. (I have also verified that another USB has the same result, so something is wrong with desktop itself, not a Corsair problem.)

Frustrated, but I guess this doesn't belong here.

Just when all hope seemed lost... The problem was Samsung Magician, an SSD management software. Per this lifesaving thread, uninstalled and problem gone.

EDIT: further instructions here indicate that you can disable rapid mode in Magician, restart, and reenable it, and USBs will still work. I haven't tried this myself--won't be spending any more time on this problem for a while...

Archived