Corsair Community

Issue Report: Profiles stops working on CUE 2.24.35. CUE repair temporary fix for now

swann

Hello,

Currently using:

CORSAIR K70 Lux Keyboard

Corsair M65pro Mouse.

I recently tried to start using the profile functions in CUE. At first the setup and profile actions worked fine (just remapping keyboard keys to mouse buttons). For some reason, all of a sudden the assigned actions and profiles stop working. This included using just one profile with actions, If I have multiple profiles(3 total. Defailt profile with no actions, and then 2 other profiles linked to games with assigned key remapping)...all actions on all profiles have stop working.

If I go into CUE, click on a profile, the profile switches(or gets selected) for sure (denoted by the lighting color change I use, unique to each profile I have and use as a visual indicator) but all actions assigned to buttons on mouse or keyboard stop functioning. I also noticed that if I choose a particular profile, and then minimize CUE, the selected profile switches back to my default profile.

I ran the CUE "repair" option which seemed to fix these issues temporarily, making the profile actions, profile switching work as intended...but after a day or for some unknown reason, the issue returned. At this point I have to keep "repairing" CUE to get them working again.

Anyone have a fix? Is this issue known? if not...now corsair knows... Am I posting in the correct forum topic? If not, could the moderator pls move this to the correct place.

Thanks,

Chris

last update 2.24.35 continuous loose all control.

restart CUE fix after a while, it failed automatically again.

but goodluck I'm keep old file, rollback install 2.21.67 working no problem.

this bux should fix soon. I'm on Windows10 64-bit v1709 build 16299.309

I wanted to add that I am also having this issue. It's extremely irritating even if not gaming, as I've a Scimitar mouse, so I lose my back and forward buttons I've set up, as there are no default buttons outside of scroll, left and right click without the software.

Restarting CUE fixes it, but I'm not sure what causes it to break in the first place. Switching between programs that use 2 different profiles maybe?

I'd like to concur the above. All of my profile "actions" have stopped working. This includes remapping keys, profile switching etc.

This is includes my all profile actions for my K70 keyboard and Glaive mouse which makes any gaming profiles useless! I've had to downgrade back to 2.23.40 to get things working again (using the same profiles).

I'm really surprised corsair haven't sent out a patch to fix this or even acknowledge this is an issue!!

I had a copy of CUE 2.23.40 in my downloads directory so I uninstalled 2.24.35 and reinstalled that. Everything works as expected again.

Going forward I'm going to make sure that I have a copy of an older, known working version of CUE and won't be so quick to install new versions.

These types of problems should have been fixed yesterday. A HUGE feature that all gamer's that buy these type of "gaming" peripheral devices do so with the expectation of not just build quality, ergonomics, bling... but also that the product actually FUNCTIONS AS ADVERTISED, especially for the prices asked for some of them. Why boast all these keys to macro / remap commands, sell the product to find out the software needed to make these functions work is bunch of eye candy and that it. Poopstick. SMH at Corsair.

Same here. Someone on another thread figured out it happens when you use the volume scroll on the keyboard - avoiding that has stopped it from freezing up actions for now. Patch soon please? :)

Spot on.

I just used the keyboard volume and sure enough, the mouse dpi and side buttons stopped working.

Had 3 profiles on my k95, and realized switching profiles/ changing brightness/ win lock are not working yesterday.

Tried deleting profiles and clearing onboard memory, and finally figure out it was due to the new version.

For now I just saved everything onboard and exit CUE lol.

Same issues with 2.24.35.

CUE quality control issues are really starting to get out of hand. Each new release seems to bring very major bugs, and older existing bugs are completely ignored. This is getting really frustrating.

I got the K95 today and ever since setting it up and creating a few profiles, I've been experiencing the macro, brightness, win lock, and profile keys no longer working randomly. They would stay that way until I messed with profiles/settings (sometimes). Couldn't confirm it was after using the volume wheel, but it's possible.

This sound like the same issue?

I downgraded the software and will keep an eye on what happens now.

Really surprised not to have heard from Corsair on this. The fix is not to use the volume wheel but it's hard to get away from this after years of using the volume wheel is hard coded into my muscle memory!!

I'd suggest downgrading for now until this is fixed.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all, I apologize for the macros that break when you use volume wheel.

Here is the beta that resolves this issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wxvd9t3dlhyvkr/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.24.48_release.msi?dl=0

While this is still being validated by our QA team, you are welcome to give it a try. Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi all, I apologize for the macros that break when you use volume wheel.

Here is the beta that resolves this issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3mk12h5addj1f9/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.24.35_release.msi?dl=0

While this is still being validated by our QA team, you are welcome to give it a try. Let me know if you have any issues.

still bug ... no change.

beta file size equal to official download. you put the same file ??

Archived