Corsair Community

Gigabyte RGB Fusion and Vengeance RGB Pro

Is Gigabyte RGB Fusion not yet ready for the Vengeance RGB Pro?

I've recently purchased two kits of CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) RAM (for a total of 32GB), 3000MHz CL16, black, to go with a new 2nd gen Ryzen 7 system I was building. Prior to purchase I checked and the Corsair website indicated this product is compatible with Gigabyte RGB Fusion app, the Corsair site even has the "GIGABYTE RGB FUSION READY" logo. The mobo I use for the build is the Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 7 Wifi, with the latest bios version F4g. I downloaded/installed the latest Gigabyte RGB Fusion app version B18.0530.1 using the Gigabyte App Center. Under the Advanced tab of RGB Fusion, in its Peripheral Deviced LED section, I am unable to click on the DDR button to manage the lighting effects of the Vengeance RGB Pro RAM I have.

Do any of you experts have any idea how I can get it to work, or if any setting changes would allow me to gain control of the RAM's LED through the Gigabyte RGB Fusion app? I understand the Corsair has the iCUE app which can control the Vengeance RGB Pro's lighting, but I am trying to not install too many apps and the RAM is the only component in the system that is Corsair. I truly appreciate your help, and I do love these RAM, they are simply beautiful (even better looking than the G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM I have in my other system).

• Corsair Employee
Is Gigabyte RGB Fusion not yet ready for the Vengeance RGB Pro?

I've recently purchased two kits of CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) RAM (for a total of 32GB), 3000MHz CL16, black, to go with a new 2nd gen Ryzen 7 system I was building. Prior to purchase I checked and the Corsair website indicated this product is compatible with Gigabyte RGB Fusion app, the Corsair site even has the "GIGABYTE RGB FUSION READY" logo. The mobo I use for the build is the Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 7 Wifi, with the latest bios version F4g. I downloaded/installed the latest Gigabyte RGB Fusion app version B18.0530.1 using the Gigabyte App Center. Under the Advanced tab of RGB Fusion, in its Peripheral Deviced LED section, I am unable to click on the DDR button to manage the lighting effects of the Vengeance RGB Pro RAM I have.

Do any of you experts have any idea how I can get it to work, or if any setting changes would allow me to gain control of the RAM's LED through the Gigabyte RGB Fusion app? I understand the Corsair has the iCUE app which can control the Vengeance RGB Pro's lighting, but I am trying to not install too many apps and the RAM is the only component in the system that is Corsair. I truly appreciate your help, and I do love these RAM, they are simply beautiful (even better looking than the G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM I have in my other system).

Thanks for sharing! Our teams are currently looking into this. So please stay tune and we appreciate your patience. In the meantime, I’m afraid iCUE is your best bet.

Following as i wanted to ask the same thing . on the corsair website it states for the Corsair Vengeance RGB ram, It says AURA sync and mystic light sync and RGB fusion READY. I will be getting a Gigabyte AORUS AMD Ryzen AM4 AX370 GAMING K5 ATX Motherboard with RGB fusion . any updates ??

Today I installed the most recent version of Gigabyte RGB Fusion B18.0629.1 and it started controlling 2 of my 4 RGB Pro sticks. There is no settings menu in RGB Fusion to assign what it controls. I ended up uninstalling RGB Fusion as this is useless to control anything but the mobo rgb. iCUE is seriously lacking as well, to play nice with other software monitoring or hardware components.

I was able to get Gigabyte RGB Fusion to work with the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, but it is extremely limited in what you can do with the lighting, and while iCUE is also limited in the available effects, iCUE can do more, so I ended up using iCUE instead. I have since picked up a new Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 keyboard and since it also uses iCUE to control lighting, it makes more sense now for me to keep iCUE. I ended up uninstalling the Gigabyte RGB Fusion.
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...
I was able to get Gigabyte RGB Fusion to work with the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM, but it is extremely limited in what you can do with the lighting, and while iCUE is also limited in the available effects, iCUE can do more, so I ended up using iCUE instead. I have since picked up a new Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 keyboard and since it also uses iCUE to control lighting, it makes more sense now for me to keep iCUE. I ended up uninstalling the Gigabyte RGB Fusion.

Hey Xorkon, what kind of effects were you able to produce with RGB Fusion? Was it just these 7 or less (image attached)?

HROvVHw.png

I have my system with a z390 Aorus Master + CM aRGB 360 AIO + 3 CM aRGB Fans + Deepcool aRGB LED strips and they all synced up perfectly and can be controlled with Fusion for up to 15 presets (as shown on the image attached and youtuve video):

Gigabyte-Z390-AORUS-Master-RGB-Fusion.jpg

[ame=

]
[/ame]

BUT as you can see in the vid the G.Skill TridentZ ram I have, won't have half of these effects and it doesn't sync with any of those "Digital A" to "Digital I" which are honestly the cool ones (I assume addressable and this ram is not addressable?).

So I'm thinking of buying the $300 32GB Vengeance PRO RGB kit but I want to make sure it will all sync and run the "light shows".

Edited by Frostvr4

• 2 years later...

Hello friends, sorry im late for this, but i recently build up my setup and came up with the same problem, the thing is that RGB Fusion can't detect your RAM if you don't give a clear lighting effect.

So, what I did:

1- Uninstall Aorus Engine

2- Uninstall RGB Fusion 2.0

3- Set iCUE no lighting effect and click the "Enable full software control" box

4- Install Aorus Engine and when the program ask also install RGB Fusion 2.0

5- Open RGB Fusion (with iCUE open)

And there was the RAM box on the Fusion app.

• 1 year later...