Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Fans and RGB strips not working with Commander Pro

SmallPrintTV

Hi,

Recently I bought a Commander Pro with some RGB strips and one fan to RGB up my setup. However, I have had nothing but problems, the fans power on fine with no problems in that regard all being plugged into the Commander Pro but, when plugged into the Commander from the RGB LED hub (provided by the 460x already built in RGB system) I have discovered no way to change the fan colours within the iCue software, they simply stay white.

On top of this the RGB strips that I have bought don't seem to daisy chain, the only one that lights up is the first one connected to the first LED hub and the other three don't even light up. Although I have found that the second strip lights up along with the first without the iCue software but as soon as the iCue software is open only the first is customisable and on.

I have tried each one of the four RGB strips directly connected to the Commander Pro without any others connected and they all power on fine.

I have tried the Commander in 3 different USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard and also, have an entire SATA power cable dedicated to powering the commander so nothing is piggy-backing off of that particular cable.

What's more is that the second LED port on the Commander Pro does not work at all. It does not turn any LED strips on (not even the one directly connected to it) and also, no fan RGBs are customisable from it.

The only resolution I honestly see is to get an exchange from Amazon on the Commander Pro as it seems that something is defective within the Commander itself.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

SmallPrintTV

Regarding the fan color ... it sounds like you have the fan type selected incorrectly in the Lighting Channel configuration. I'm assuming that those are SP-RGB fans (that's what ships with that case) so you'd need to configure the lighting channel for SP-RGB fans.

Regarding the strips ... again, this sounds more like a Lighting Channel configuration issues. You need to tell iCUE what is on each lighting channel ... type and number.

Hi thanks for the reply!

I have set up the strips on port one multiple times on the iCue software with the RGB Lighting Strip and the correct amount of strips for the software to recognise.

Also yes they are SP 120 RGB fans that came with the case but I have had no luck with them working at all. When I plug them into the LED HUB already pre-installed on the other side of the case and plug that into port 1 or 2 with the RGB cable given to me the fan lights simply do not light up regardless of iCue's software setup.

I currently have only one strip connected to my Commander Pro with the fans being powered from the Commander but no RGB controlling cable plugged into the second LED slot.

See the image below on my software configuration:

https://gyazo.com/bf99d7b796870bfaa78868e196519711

Also in regards to this, this one particular strip is working correctly but if I daisy chain them and changed the iCue software to, for example: 3/4 strips, only the first strip directly connected to the Commander would power on.

Thanks for the help on this matter.

No you're not understanding what I'm saying. At the moment I only have one LED Strip connected and setup within iCue because the daisy chain configuration didn't work.

When I connect more than one strip and I set iCue accordingly to 2 or 3 or even 4 strips only the first strip lights up.

I'm trying to get more than one strip at a time to work on LED Port 1 when all set up within iCue.

You have to configure it that way. We asked for a screen shot of your configuration. We've only got what you provided to work with. And based on what you've provided, that's the problem.

Set up iCUE for all the devices. Make sure that your lighting effects are applied to all LEDs.

Hi,

What you said worked I unplugged the computer and started plugging in all the RGBs in a daisy chain config of 4 RGB LED strips. On top of that the SP fans that are RGB are now in LED Port 2 now and they work perfectly!

Once again thanks for your help you've been great!

Many thanks,

SmallPrintTV :biggrin:

Archived