Corsair Community

Commander mini & pro WERE working together

brighttail

So I had put Commander Pro into the machine with the Mini today. For about 8 hours, everything was fine. Link recognized both of them and I could set all fans individually, then suddenly it is as if the Mini doesn't exist anymore.

I have done the following:

- uninstall Link, clear app data, registry, reinstall --> No luck

- Completely removed the Pro out of the Link, uninstalled, cleared app, reinstall --> No luck Link doesn't recognized the Mini even when it is by itself.

- Did a full backup / restore to a time 2 days ago when i ONLY had the mini and Link worked fine. Pro still not plugged in. --> Mini isn't showing

- Tried different USB 2.0 slots.. Mini still not there.

The mini light is on. If i unplug it and plug it back in the fans rev up then slow down to minimum. I have even tried plugging the USB of the MINI into the USB of the PRO and still nothing it showing.

So any suggestions? The Mini is old and I'm not even sure how to check the firmware on it to see if it is up to date or how to update it if I can't recognize it anymore.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a problem with my mini not being recognised, after trying several things, I got it to work by connecting it up as normal, switching the computer on, then switching it off, disconnecting the power lead, pressing the power button, on the case front, several times, leaving it for 60 seconds, then rebooting.

Well I found on the forums that two Commander Pros can work together, and can even be daisy chained with one USB plugging into the other.

Aside from saving an extra USB 2.0 header is there any other advantage to this?

I bought a second one and am having it delivered.

Oh, that’s right. Well then yes, being able to group and control the from the desktop may have some advantages.

I'm actually impressed with the LINK software. I've been using Asus Suite 3 for so long because 5 years ago, Link was chalked full of problems. Suite 3 has the fans plugged into the motherboard headers or into a hub which is plugged into the motherboard headers. So at start up, BOOM 100% fans until Windows is up and the Suite 3 is loaded. Not that way with the Commander Pro. Everything is dead silent. Also because Suite 3 tends to interpret CPU temps about 10 degrees higher than what they really are, I was constantly having my fans rev up doing little things like browsing. With the PRO, dead silence until I actually need the fans.

Getting the second Commander Pro tomorrow with an LED lighting kit i'll give a shot. My 6 ML RGB fans come next week. Should have been here earlier but a snafu by Corsair's shipping dept, messed up that idea.

Over the last 4 years I have noticed some definite control issues with AI Suite. As you mentioned, the 100% power on test at boot or wake can be annoying. Not needed when it is PWM, but this is also fairly common. For other reasons, I moved most of my case fans back to the board, but I keep my rear GPU radiator fan on the C-Pro. That is the one that constantly revs up for no particular reason. Asus broke the CPU fan delay controls on X99 and some other boards a while back. It has never recovered. Sadly, the HAMP header falls into the same category for me and it ignores the lengthy spin up/down delay specified in the BIOS. No such issues with the C-Pro. I could probably go on for a few more paragraphs, but I think you've heard the rest, one way or another.

Archived