Corsair Community

H100i v2 Issues

DeathStalker77

Ok, so I have already had one of these units fail completely on me (DEAD!) and replaced on warranty. I had to buy a second unit so I could use my system during the 3+ weeks it took to get the replacement unit.

While I was really freaking out about temp spikes, that seemed to be a bad install of CoreTemp - uninstalling & re-installing resolved that. However, Link is still showing 2 areas of the mobo as EXTREMELY high (Asus Sabertooth X99 i7 6850k CPU). You can see them on Temp #5 & Temp #6.

https://imgur.com/a/6ob6D6ob6D

Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

I doubt that they are "real" readings. I'd guess that you wouldn't need any monitoring software to realize that your motherboard was boiling.

For this level of hardware reporting, Link uses the CPUID SDK internally. So that info is coming from there. It could be (especially in the case of the 127C 'reading') that they aren't re-assembling the raw bytes in the correct order ... especially since 127 is ((2^7) - 1).

I have some similar phantom values and I suspect that it's related to the known issues on CPU core number and/or the "extra fans". I do think some input from Corsair would be good here tho. It does smell like a bug but I don't think it's clear if the bug is in Link or the CPUID SDK (or in their interface to the SDK).

For raw readings (like these) direct from the mobo, I prefer HWInfo, personally.

There are complaints about impossibly high readings or more often duplicate reporting. I can't tell you why it reads that way, but if you are running other Asus software like AI Suite, that is highly likely the culprit. I have watched it do it on my Asus X99s for years.

The only thing I notice is your fan speed is zero in the H100i v2 box. Presumably the fans are running. If you have the radiator fans connected to the motherboard and are using AI Suite for control, that would explain both issues. If you do have the fans connected to the H100i v2 pump block, try switching their position on the two connectors. Only one end of the Y-splitter reports a speed. Sometimes you get a bad pin or socket connection.

I haven't tried HWInfo (I will), but CPUID HWMonitor shows the same temps, though for #4 & #5.

=============

Ok, I don't see any temps at all in HWInfo :(

If HWMonitor is showing those same temps, that would indicate that the problem is with the CPUID SDK (they both use it).

So then nothing to worry about?

I'd say no. If those temperatures were accurate, you probably wouldn't need a monitoring app to know it.

And even though it's showing in Link, you've confirmed that it's in the CPUID SDK. So ... not much Corsair can do except wait for a fix from them.

Archived