Corsair Community

From Commander Mini to Commander Pro - Step back??

Sottti

Hi,

I have a Commander Mini and I was thinking about upgrading to Commander Pro because I like the way you can completely turn off your fans, but I don't know if that's possible with my current setup I need help from the experts here.

In my current setup I have:

- Commander Mini

- 4 Cooling nodes

- 2 Led strips

- Lots of fans

My questions are:

- How do I connect my cooling nodes to the Commander Pro?

In case I can not connect my cooling nodes to the Commander Pro...

- How do I connect more than 6 fans to the Commander Pro?

In case this is not possible...

- Can I have somehow the Commander Pro + Commander Mini at the same time on the same machine?

Thanks!

1. I have 4 x CLCC + 2 x CLCP + 3 x CLCN so you should not have any real issues with having both in the same system
  2. Obviously I don't use CL4 to control things so have no idea how well CL4 will work.
  3. You could use 4-pin PWM fan Y cables to connect up to 12 fans to each CLCP, but only six fan speeds would be reported and suspect you would need > 1 x CLCP
  4. The LEDs for the CLCP are totally different to the LEDs for the CLCC/CLLN
  5. The CLCP does not have any C-Link ports at all so you can't connect your 4 x CLCNs to it.
  6. What fans do you have? The CLCP has issues correctly detecting some models of fans.

Thanks for your reply!

I got SP120 fans.

- Could I turn off my SP120s from the Commander Pro?

- What about chaining Commanders Pro? Can I connect a Commander Pro to a USB port of another Commander Pro?

From an official Corsair video I can see this image what it seems to me like a Commander Pro and a Fan RGB LED Controller.

- Is the Fan controller connected to the Commander Pro?

The CLCP should be able to stop any fan.

Your M6E has 2 x USB headers I recommend you connect 2 x CLCP to those and other things to the CLCP USB headers. CLCP via CLCP will work though.

The thing of the right is a LED hub to connect HD/SP RGB LED fan LEDs to the a CLCP LED port.

Which fan controller

Archived