Corsair Community

corsair link doesnt show coolant temp?!?!?

sparkydude77

hi, all of the sudden corsair link stopped showing my coolant temps and runs as if temp are actually 0c. tried uninstalling software and driver re install, upgrade downgrade and still nothing for the moment i'm running the fans at near full just in case (i live in hot climate near 30c in a small room with little vent). any way to fix this ir is this like dead sensor or something. tried searching and everything was all about cpu temp not the coolant temp not showing.

1. what cooler do you have?
  2. what version of CL4?
  3. what is reported?
  4. Attach the CL4 [home] tab screen shot.
  5. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

sorry, i have a h100iv2 and link shows 0.0c degrees for water temp. link version is 4.7.0.77 currently but was running the previous one (i think 4.6.0.86) when its started. at first i though it would be something like a buggy software but the aio itself is acting like 0.0c is the actual temp and keeps rpms extremely low and wont ramp up( with link off so using the pump saved profile). currently running it at fixed speed which isnt ideal for noise and dust reasons.

Untitled.thumb.png.226c7792723fe16e6628a4a631c6dc85.png

The temp + fan + pump speeds are all in the same data packet, so it's either a bug in CL 4.7.0.77 or the hardware is faulty. To check which run my SIV utility and post [Link Status].

The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date, specify the Windows Build number, check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29096&d=1495232684

Given SIV also reports the temperature as zero the sensor is probably faulty so it's RMA time, log a call via https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp asking for an RMA. Remember to upload the original invoice.

BTW you should crop images :idea:

I need to adjust SIV to better report your motherboard. Please will you post the SIV save files so I can test these changes? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I need/would like.

I thought that was the case. (sigh). here are the save files i couldnt find the [embedded] one.

So did I, but felt it was worth double checking before starting the RMA. You may like to ask for an express RMA so Corsair send you the new cooler and then you return the old one.

Thank you for the save files. I have adjusted SIV and 5.20 Beta-05 should do better, does it? There looks to be a PWM power controller that Beta-05 should report, please will you redo the save so I can check it does? [embedded] is only on some ASUS boards and I have now updated the post to mention this.

Do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get the beta release.

I just noticed that the save file reports a minimum DIMM temperature of -57.5°C :eek:. I suspect this is caused by the locking being broken in CL 4.7.0.77 and wonder, does Menu->Hardware->DIMM Status also report retries on your system?

1. With CL 4.7.0.77 the PCH/ICH SMBus interlocking is totally broken :mad:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29114&d=1495298998

Thank you, all the SIV changes worked as I hoped they would :biggrin:.

There were 17 retries so the CL 4.7.0.77 locking is also messed up on Ryzen which is what I was expecting. I suspect in time incorrect minimum + maximum values will show up and that AIDA64 + HWiNFO will also report incorrect values because of this Corsair incompetence.

I get the impression CL 4.7.0.77 has more regressions than fixes :(:

Archived