Corsair Community

What PSU?

KT1578

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KT1578/saved/x3p4CJ Both 1080 Ti ‘s will be overclocked, and the I7 8700K will also be OC’d.)

I saw that the minimum recommendation for dual GPU overclocked was 750 watts, but I have all of these extra things I will need to plug into my PC at once, like keyboard, mouse, headphones, microphone, USB storage devices, phones and other devices, sound bar, game pad, flight simulation stuff, and a few more. FYI I will be using an Anker 10 port USB hub. Will 850 watts really be enough? Or is it safer to just stick with 1000 watts (what I currently have)?

PC Part Picker tends to estimate high, which is good. While a 1200W PSU would give you some head room, a 1000W would be fine. For comparison ... PC Part Picker rates my build at a little over 400W. But I rarely see more than 300W, even during gaming.

The challenge is that, once you go over 1000W, PSUs, especially high efficiency PSUs, are getting harder and harder to find due to the cryptominers. If you can get the 1200W, go for it. If not, the 1000W will be fine. It'll run a little warmer and the fan will run a little more but it'll provide the power you need.

Archived