Corsair Community

H115i on new Z370 motherboards

will_s

Have a X99 mobo..the Strix and just wondering if the H115i brackets from that mobo will fit on the new Z370 motherboard

I dont think I have the other brackets that came with it..........just have the one on the actual motherboard so want to know if thats the same fitting as the 370 uses ?

btw: yes...the box may be somewhere but I cant find it

The Z370 boards use LGA1151(v2) ... so it'll be the same bracket and mount as Z170 and Z270 boards.

thank you for that, was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to be certain

now its just when the Vendors get more stock in ( the cpu that is )

• 3 months later...
Exact same situation for me. I am replacing i7-6850K+X99 CPU and Mobo with an ASUS Z370+i7-8700K CPU. The problem I am facing is that it does not have the mount built-in as explained above. So I opened the box of bits I had stored, and read that I needed to install the "x1 Intel BackPlate" for LGA 115x which I did, securing it with the LGA 115x/1366 Standoff's. The worry now is that there is a couple of millimeters of up/down play as the threaded locating pins stand proud of the board. Before I proceed to apply the thermal paste to the new CPU and mount the cooling-header I figured I should check if that is normal. I figured maybe once the top was secured it would tighten up to the board underneath. On the X99 board there is a silver mounting bracket on the top-side that is lacking on the Z370. Not sure if that is by-design. Or maybe the H115i is not truly compatible with the Z370 Mainboard?

Thank you so much for answering der_Schmutzige!

I am not sure what you mean by "soldered" but the reason for the swap-out is the GPU - I never did my homework - blindly assuming my video-editing application used Nvidia...but it doesn't (anymore, only kepler). I need Intel HWA so the X99 and 6850K and Nvidia Quadro P1000 goes on a shelf to gather dust and hopefully this new 8700K with its Intel GPU will render things nice and quick! So now that I know about the jiggle I will fit the cooler and fire-her up, many thanks again.

Archived