Corsair Community

Corsair Link not detecting H100i V2 GTX

bradsciera

I have been having some trouble getting my AIO cooler to show up in the corsair link software, here is my current setup:

-Pump is connected to CPU_FAN

-Corsair link USB is connected to a USB 2.0 header on the mother board

basically everything is hooked up as the directions stated

The problem is the cooler is not being detected in the corsair link software

I tried uninstalling the USB driver and the link software multiple times and no luck.

Also in Device manager there is a yellow warning symbol next to the usb icon.

When i try to update the driver it says the latest and best version is installed blah blah blah.

So I guess I don't know what else to try and trouble shoot this problem.... maybe try using a different USB cable connected to the rear I/O

last note, everything is working fine temp wise just want to be able to control it and monitor the cooler in the corsair link software

• Corsair Employee
I have been having some trouble getting my AIO cooler to show up in the corsair link software, here is my current setup:

-Pump is connected to CPU_FAN

-Corsair link USB is connected to a USB 2.0 header on the mother board

basically everything is hooked up as the directions stated

The problem is the cooler is not being detected in the corsair link software

I tried uninstalling the USB driver and the link software multiple times and no luck.

Also in Device manager there is a yellow warning symbol next to the usb icon.

When i try to update the driver it says the latest and best version is installed blah blah blah.

So I guess I don't know what else to try and trouble shoot this problem.... maybe try using a different USB cable connected to the rear I/O

last note, everything is working fine temp wise just want to be able to control it and monitor the cooler in the corsair link software

Sounds like you're running into the unsigned driver issue that others have reported with the current release of CL4 (4.9). Try an earlier version such as 4.8 or 4.7 (you can find direct download links in the pinned "downgrade" post in this section of the forum, or you can go to our download page on the corsair website).

Let me know if that solves the problem. If so, please know we're working to resolve this issue.

It Worked! now just getting 0 RPM for the fan readout. Is there an easy fix to this?

Also should the CPU_FAN in the bios be set to 100% all the time?

Update: Fixed the above issue by plugging into CPU_OPT and ignoring CPU_FAN under monitoring in the bios

It Worked! now just getting 0 RPM for the fan readout. Is there an easy fix to this?

Also should the CPU_FAN in the bios be set to 100% all the time?

Update: Fixed the above issue by plugging into CPU_OPT and ignoring CPU_FAN under monitoring in the bios

You can address this by setting the header connected to the H100i GTX/v2 to 'Full Speed' in the BIOS Q-fan. On Asus boards, the OPT header is a mirror of the CPU Fan header, so hooking into OPT and ignoring CPU_Fan does not guarantee success or the required 12v/100% signal. This should be a preset in the E-Z BIOS (Q-fan section) or under the Monitoring tab in the Advanced BIOS. "Disabled" is the Advance BIOS language for Full Speed. There are the same thing and setting one will force the other.

Thank you for the response I think I have the fan settings set up right in the BIOS, in corsair link, I am getting roughly 1700 rpm's for the pump and 1500 rpm's on the fans keeping my I7 7700k at around 35 degrees at idle.

I imagine this is why many users have pump problems as they fail to set up the fan speeds correctly in the BIOS...

Make sure you do a reset after the CL is downloaded, I also had to try 2 previous versions of the CL for it to work.

This is the version that worked for me:

http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.8.0.82.zip

Link isn't working. Tried a few different versions of CL but it doesn't work. Seems like the problem is with the driver not the CL program.

Archived