Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming H2100 (Wireless) and Linux

tb75252

• 1 month later...

They works just fine with Ubtuntu 14.04:)

I don't know if there's any difference in quality/performance because of the drivers. But I've used mine with Skype, Games, Recording and No problems so far. I would say that the sound is good, not mindblowing, but good.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to necropost. But does anyone know how to get surround sound working properly in Linux Mint?

I have already changed the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf to have "default-sample-channels=8" and removed the semicolon. Yet when I reboot and test, all but two channels are nearly silent.

I know Linux is not officially supported, but I am asking anyway since Microsoft has made Windows untrustworthy spyware and much of the market for desktops will move there for shelter.

I hope someone has a solution. I welcome any and all advice.

And for those who wonder where I got the advice about the configuration for Pulse, please peruse this link. (It is written for Arch Linux, but I am using Linux Mint. No big deal. I can add and remove anything needed to get it running.)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Examples

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the delay in response. On any modern Linux it should work just fine. I cannot guarantee that, but the drivers are actually part of the Kernel itself.

Please understand that the drivers really only work for stereo. If you want to use the virtual speaker positions, a more advanced configuration is required. As such, you can run these in 5.1 or even 7.1 mode, but the audio will be nearly mute on all but two channels.

Archived