Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Intermittent connection loss + Warranty question

Arteriamus

Hello

I have had a Corsair Vengeance that was shipped to me the 12th of November 2012 (though I recieved it later).

In this time I've had it replaced once for the "cracking earcup frame" around 8 months ago.

On to my current question:

My replacement model is, after about a year, starting to have intermittent connection issues. It will work fine for a while, and then there will be a bit of static, and then it will cut out.

I have tested several different USB-ports on my PC, though not yet with another PC. The light on the USB dongle stays constant while the issue is happening.

Is this a known issue? Is there any way to fix this? And is this headset still covered under warranty, either the original one, or some extention from the fact that it has already been replaced once?

Regards in advance

//Art

Ps. Sorry for the long thread title

Edit:

Also I've turned off any nearby wireless devices

If possible i'd try it on another computer and see if the drop out still occurs. Seeing as the dongle light stays solid, it seems like interference from another wireless device or possibly another issue. The warranty period is two years from purchase date of the original headset.

Have you tried disabling other audio devices in Windows? Does it help?

Latest chipset, audio drivers and Windows updates?

Archived