Corsair Community

Early 2009 iMac and CMSA8GX3M2A 1066C7 memory

initialatom

I have an early 2009 iMac 2.66GHz Intel core 2 duo running snow leopard

I bought the 2x4GB CMSA8GX3M2A 1066C7 memory kit after doing a bit of research into what should work with my mac but unfortunately it wouldn't work :(

I reset the NVRAM and tried the new ram sticks but my system just won't boot with them. I tried each of the new ones with an old one and still no luck.

Am I forgetting something obvious or is this ram just not compatible?

I find it highly unlikely that I would have got 2 dodgy ram sticks, but it would be just my luck...

Am I forgetting something obvious or is this ram just not compatible?

I find it highly unlikely that I would have got 2 dodgy ram sticks, but it would be just my luck...

I'm about 99% sure they are just incompatible. What it boils down to is the actual chips used to make the modules are not compatible anymore.

I also believe if you wait for RamGuy to respond to this there is a way for you to send them in and get a set that would run on that machine.

• Corsair Employee

I posted this previously but it is the same for your case as well.

I am sorry but the Core 2 Duo will not support these modules you will want to request an RMA then call our customer service by phone and request they change them for CMSA8GX3M2A1066C7 or send these back to your reseller and order the correct part directly from our site

Archived