Corsair Community

Upgrade RAM, M.2 boot + 2 SATA SSD drives

Macindows

Would it be possible to upgrade the following components for the Corsair One Pro?

- Replace 16GB RAM with 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x, 16GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)

- Replace existing SSD to 2TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

- Replace existing HDD to 2TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

- Add the Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 to the M.2 slot as boot drive

I'm specifically interested in the M.2 addition, as the one I want to purchase didn't yet offer M.2 as an option. Also, I'm wondering how difficult it is to install it, in terms of how much needs to be disassembled and whether it voids the warranty.

Many thanks for your help!

• Corsair Employee
technically yes but M.2 installation would be difficult as it is in the back of the motherboard. All other upgrades are supported under warranty but since you would need to remove the motherboard for the m.2 it pretty much voids the warranty. :(

Many thanks! I guess it makes sense getting the Corsair One Pro with inbuilt M2 already. Not really digging the complete disassembly part.

One more question: I only saw two DP and one HDMI port on the backside. Can I connect a triple monitor setup to the 1080 TI version?

• 2 weeks later...
technically yes but M.2 installation would be difficult as it is in the back of the motherboard. All other upgrades are supported under warranty but since you would need to remove the motherboard for the m.2 it pretty much voids the warranty. :(

That's good news! I have multiple Samsung 850 Pro SSDs on hand and was wondering if I could install two of them without voiding the warranty, as this page says "Any CORSAIR 2.5” SATA SSD"

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/corsair-one-upgrade

Does the M.2 model include the SATA/power cables necessary to install a 2.5" SSD in both locations (replacing the HDD and adding an SSD in the location that was the boot drive in the previous model)?

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered as soon as it was released - my order date was ~March 25 but I didn't get a notice of Shipment until May 23.

The Corsair One has been a beautiful machine, but I'd love to push it even further. I do a lot of photo editing work and the M.2 drive and extra ram would make a difference.

Unfortunately we do not offer a manufacturer upgrade.

How long ago did you purchase your ONE?

That's very disappointing. There was a lot of speculation as to why the One wasn't initially offered with M.2 since the board supported it. I'd happily pay to upgrade and I originally thought the absence of M.2 was an engineering limitation but it seems otherwise as it's now being offered ~4 short months after my purchase.

I don't plan to change video cards, I can upgrade RAM on my own, but the M.2 would give a huge performance boost for my use case. If Corsair isn't offering a path to upgrade it would be good if they released a tear-down guide for those of us willing to take the risk of self upgrading.

You have the option to upgrade your ram and storage. GPU swapping would void the warranty and you would love the liquid cooling option.

• Corsair Employee

There actually is a minor engineering limitation to using M.2. The drives used need to be able to handle the high internal ambient temperature of Corsair One.

That's very disappointing. There was a lot of speculation as to why the One wasn't initially offered with M.2 since the board supported it. I'd happily pay to upgrade and I originally thought the absence of M.2 was an engineering limitation but it seems otherwise as it's now being offered ~4 short months after my purchase.

I don't plan to change video cards, I can upgrade RAM on my own, but the M.2 would give a huge performance boost for my use case. If Corsair isn't offering a path to upgrade it would be good if they released a tear-down guide for those of us willing to take the risk of self upgrading.

That should be surmountable if you're able to give us the models that are currently being shipped. Fingers crossed.

There actually is a minor engineering limitation to using M.2. The drives used need to be able to handle the high internal ambient temperature of Corsair One.

Archived