Corsair Community

New CUE Update causes issues with Void Wireless

So i got the new update today, noticed my headset sounds EXTREMELY bass boosted , like one of those cringe videos, if i shut cue off my sound goes to normal, but headset doesnt mute or respond, if i unplug my wireless dongle and plug in it fixes the issue for about 30 mins, the previous version i didnt have these issues. also having issues with my headset turning off now even while its in use on the charging cord.

Check if this also happens on a second system to determine if its HW or SW related.

ive only adjusted the eq sliders in the software, i rolled back to previous cue, how ever my headset is still disconnecting randomly with out notice while plugged into usb, and i have the power management turned off for all my usb devices.

• Corsair Employee
update, rolled back my version now im facing the same issue as before which made me update my headset is randomly disconnecting, even when in use. with the Triangle exclamation mark on it

e4e9ae3fbf12d5e6a5fdc257c64f19fd.png

def63d3cc68efca4a179d456b11954c0.png

I can exchange it for you but I still think you should verify on a second system if possible. It is possible the USB wireless dongle is defective.

• Corsair Employee
it never did this till the latest update, i dont think its my wireless dongle but i can test another system later tonight. i really do hope its not my headset =/ i just got this not to long ago.

Let me know what you find, Im curious myself. I'll ask the devs again if anything changed for audio drivers.

I can confirm I'm having the same issue. I just registered to post about this issue. I just updated the CUE2 software and I'm getting distortion and popping on lower end frequencies. My firmware and audio drivers are updated. It was working fine up until the update. I've had the headset for a few months now and haven't had this issue prior to this. I tried forcing the firmware update as suggested above and I also tried unplugging and replugging the dongle back in. The issue remained.

Just an update on this. I created a .bat file that essentially just stops and restarts the windows audio service and it's working as of right now. I'll post if the issue comes back.

Edit: After 20min it became distorted again.

• Corsair Employee
We have found the cause of the issue and will resolve this in 2.16 which should be available by early next week. Sorry for all the trouble but we did actually add something new to the audio driver (and in the process of rolling it back).

• 4 weeks later...
We have found the cause of the issue and will resolve this in 2.16 which should be available by early next week. Sorry for all the trouble but we did actually add something new to the audio driver (and in the process of rolling it back).

awesome just updated, was hoping i wont have to purchase a new headset to fix this lol. also i cant find my order history i purchased my headsets as a guest is there a way for you to track orders for guests? cause when i look at order history its blank

Archived